hammerlockthree

Who wants a pushout rule

Who wants a pushout rule?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants a pushout rule?

• I want a pushout rule
    • I don't want a pushout rule

38 minutes ago, TexRef said:

That was said about the 2 piece uniform. 

True. If somebody made a prediction at some point in time, the accuracy of that prediction will bind all other predictions you don’t like — even when it’s not a prediction, but rather the step out rule, which has already proven to be effective.  

Edited by Katie

Maybe,  Like in regulation only after a wrestler earns it by scoring a real live TD or in overtime.

Or maybe if no TDs are scored in the first period. 

Sumo matches suck more than current state, 

Edited by swoopdown

9 minutes ago, Chucktown_Luke said:

I still think we should switch to fight shorts and shirts. The singlet is a barrier of entry for many young athletes determining whether or not to pursue wrestling.

I really wish more wrestling people would step outside the bubble.. 

13 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

I am going to be very surprised if its not a significant majority

I think you would be really surprised if you polled the true fanbase(not crazed fans on message boards).  On top of that, try High School administrators, coaches, wrestlers, family, friends and then the very limited fanbase. 

Simply put, if the majority was what you actually think it is, it would ALREADY be a rule.  Maybe things are trending towards your direction and may eventually get there, but I would be surprised if it were any time soon...

54 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

What is the difference?

37 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

If you straight arm push someone out of bounds in freestyle no points are awarded.

Or even more than that- a caution could be called against the pusher (not by the DEA though).

And, in addition, it's a matter of attitude. If it's a step-out you fight to stay in when you get near the line. Either guy is liable to step out first. I've seen guys "pushing" that ended up with them going out first when the pushee managed some gymnastic evasion tactics and the pusher's own momentum carried him out.

When this concept was first proposed some years back in the international styles, a lot thought it would ruin the sport with cheap takedowns. But once people realized what it actually entailed most international enthusiasts came around. Of course, some matches were decided by step outs but think what even those matches would have been like without this call.

2 hours ago, Chucktown_Luke said:

I still think we should switch to fight shorts and shirts. The singlet is a barrier of entry for many young athletes determining whether or not to pursue wrestling.

An old flame used to call it a "sniglet" and thought it was hilarious that young men engaged in a combat sport that way.