hammerlockthree

Who wants a pushout rule

Who wants a pushout rule?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants a pushout rule?

• I want a pushout rule
    • I don't want a pushout rule

This debate is circular unfortunately.  Some fans hate wrestling going out of bounds (almost irrationally if you ask me but nobody does) and some fans hate seeing wrestlers in vulnerable positions driven out of bounds with no attempts made to finish takedowns.    Luckily we have two styles so we each can watch what we enjoy!                            

On 2/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, TheHeel said:

One thing wrestling doesn't need is more rules. The number of rules make the sport inaccessible to a regular person and keep us squarely in niche weirdo sport territory. 

Think about how many people watch football and don't know the rules. I would say it's more about scoring. I guy gets thrown in wrestling and it could be scored a number of different ways. And that will change depending on the style. A tech fall (or technical superiority) is different depending on the style. The ball goes through the uprights and it's only one of two things 1 or 3 and the difference between the two is simple. 

32 minutes ago, wrestlingshoe said:

Think about how many people watch football and don't know the rules. I would say it's more about scoring. I guy gets thrown in wrestling and it could be scored a number of different ways. And that will change depending on the style. A tech fall (or technical superiority) is different depending on the style. The ball goes through the uprights and it's only one of two things 1 or 3 and the difference between the two is simple. 

i agree that freestyle can be a problem in this way...what looks like 4-0 may be scored 2-2 and vice versa and many other situations...

but most ppl dont watch freestyle (most average ppl dont even realize that the olympics is free/greco)... so watching a folkstyle match they would not be confused by the difference in rules

wrestling fans may get confused... but your average person isn't going to know one or the other...

Edited by GockeS