Sign in to follow this  
BuckyBadger

Tessari topic locked

I read through the topic, it seems like there is a rally for Tessari saying, "Who cares how much trouble he gets in, let him wrestle" and an opposing group calling for his head based on his first offense.

Isn't there a bit of moderation to be found? Isn't there value in messing up once or twice, learning your lesson and redeeming yourself? Yet, isn't their also a realization of helplessness when chance after chance after chance after chance is given?

There are examples in this sport, as well as other sports and other walks of life, where a person made one mistake and it cost them their whole career. There are other examples, where guys screwed up 10 times, without any remorse and eyes turned blind, simply because of how good they were.

Isn't there a happy medium to be met? For some guys it's strike one, You're out! For others it's, Strike 1,000th, you're still in.

Moderation anyone?

Why is this topic locked?

Most likely because the topic turned from discussing the matter at hand to discussing religion and the religious beliefs of various coaches, etc.

Guys ... we know from history that arguments about religion doesn't work well on MSG Boards. I knew it was going to get axed when it trended that way.

Go to TOM for that stuff. They have hundreds of pages of that crap. You can wallow at will, in the mud over there. Just be careful cause it get's DEEP!!

I have never seen the logic trying to argue bout Politics or Religion on a MSG board... or a bar for that matter.

I would agree with you JT but I believe it was more than a few incidents... Maybe there are schools that will loosen the reins on Cam allowing him the space he needs to excel on and off the mat.

Forgiveness is divine, but let's make sure that it's not so divine that wrong choices have no consequences is what I was saying. Based on some of the things I've seen in sports, you'd think that anything less than murder was acceptable.

So ... meanwhile we were discussing Derek Garcia. Still haven't heard a definative answer from our local Sedro Wolley fans. (that's his home town)

One suggested he broke his leg? Last I heard was he was planned to finally RS this year, after filling in at 165 last year. Evidently he could not beat Dumas at '57. Their website/roster may not reflect changes for a while.

Another angle was he got to keep his Scholly $$, yet had a medical ruling and evaluation that stated he was done wrestling.

Sad deal as he was just a GREAT kid. Squared away, Honor Student, No troubles, All League Football (hence his injury his Sr. year.) And one of our 4X champs in the 3A division in Washington. His Sr. year he wrestled with a brace and wrap for his 4th title. And we saw what he did at Fargo the summer before.

To eat the bullet last year for the TEAM, and then not be able to continue this year is just a sad deal. IF that's the case.

Why is this topic locked?

Most likely because the topic turned from discussing the matter at hand to discussing religion and the religious beliefs of various coaches, etc.

Guys ... we know from history that arguments about religion doesn't work well on MSG Boards. I knew it was going to get axed when it trended that way.

Go to TOM for that stuff. They have hundreds of pages of that crap. You can wallow at will, in the mud over there. Just be careful cause it get's DEEP!!

I have never seen the logic trying to argue bout Politics or Religion on a MSG board... or a bar for that matter.

The logic in discussing the coaches religion is to determine if that is motivating his decisions with student athletes at publicly funded institutions. I find it very relevant to the discussion.

For the record, I know neither the religion of the coach or the violation of the athlete. I just find the topic interesting to discuss.

The logic in discussing the coaches religion is to determine if that is motivating his decisions with student athletes at publicly funded institutions. I find it very relevant to the discussion.

For the record, I know neither the religion of the coach or the violation of the athlete. I just find the topic interesting to discuss.

RIGHT .... A line from Saving Private Ryan:

Private Jackson: Hey, Upham, careful you don't step in the bullxxxx

PS: Try starting a thread titled: Coaches Religion's ... and see how long it lasts.

Are you implying people wouldn't be interested in the thread or that the mods would remove it?

Go ahead and start one up, and see how long it lasts.

You've been around long enuf to know the answer actually.