#2 Cardenas

#8 Urbas

>#8 Davis

#3 Stout

#2 Fernandes

#4 Goldin

#1 Wood

#8 Cover

Seems Like Tigers do not have enough juice outside their big 4 weights (3 or 4 in the finals?) to compete for 2nd?  Lehigh and Penn probably battle for 2nd.  Cornell is beast at 9 of 10 weights.  LaJoie has a shot at finals from #4 seed if preseed holds and Richard could beat his #6 seed - very tough cusotmer.

Revano just beat Meyer and may get te #5 seed.  Colaiocco and Composto hae arguent for #1 seed over their current #2 preseeds.    

Edited by Elevator

Forget the Flo news.  Is anyone going to talk about how those seeds are bogus? What happened to the “previous year finalists can be seeded no lower than 4.”

141: Thomas deck has a win over Darren Miller.  His back-up decked mcgonigal.  
141: Anderson has the most recent wins over top competition and probably should be top seed

149:  Ogunsanya is a former champ and his back-up beat Brignola.  Sure he only had 12 matches before getting injured, but it is ludicrous to think his BACKUP would be seeded higher since he has a 24-4 record.

184:  Laughlin has beaten Small and Laughlin’s back-up beat Antrassian, Day, and Burkhart.  

Edited by Cptafw164

14 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Mineo has no idea what he's talking about. I was on the call. One of the coaches saw the tweet. Everyone laughed at him.

They're under contract for, I believe, another 3 years.

It was funny.  We were talking about something else and suddenly one coach said "Pat Mineo says the EIWA is cutting ties with Flowrestling."

Other coaches:  "Whaaa..............."

First coach:  "I'm reading that online right now.  Pat Mineo says ........ "

Others:  "Wellll, maybe we shoullldddd ..... but we haven't .......... "

Edit:  Sorry about typing in Sal Mineo originally.  Saw Giant recently, must have had a flashback.

Edited by jdalu75

1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

Forget the Flo news.  Is anyone going to talk about how those seeds are bogus? What happened to the “previous year finalists can be seeded no lower than 4.”

141: Anderson has the most recent wins over top competition and probably should be top seed

149:  Ogunsanya is a former champ and his back-up beat Brignola.  Sure he only had 12 matches before getting injured, but it is lideicros to think his BACKUP would be seeded higher since he has a 24-4 record.

184:  Laughlin has beaten Small and Laughlin’s back-up beat Antrassian, Day, and Burkhart.  

Boy, they must really have it in for the USMA.

1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

149:  Ogunsanya is a former champ and his back-up beat Brignola.  Sure he only had 12 matches before getting injured, but it is lideicros to think his BACKUP would be seeded higher since he has a 24-4 record.

I don’t think starters get credit for wins their backups got

12 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don’t think starters get credit for wins their backups got

Evidently starters that get beat by backups don’t get PENALIZED for those losses.

Are those matches not countable?

43 minutes ago, klehner said:

Boy, they must really have it in for the USMA.

The 6 seeds Army got are fine with me.  6 seed is as good as a 3 seed the way they are set right now. 

The only one is Ogunsanya behind Brignola which puts PG topside with Yianni.    

Heck, I don’t know how much Penn paid American to give Artalona 3 sacrificial lamb ECMs to get to 15, but that was not a very “Ivy League” move by Penn to get Artalona 15.  Artalona hasn’t beaten ANYONE this season ranked in the top 70.  He even lost to Saito of Brown.  

OG is the only wrestler in that 149 bracket with a win over a former all American this year (Degen ISU).  

Edited by Cptafw164

1 hour ago, jdalu75 said:

It was funny.  We were talking about something else and suddenly one coach said "Sal Mineo says the EIWA is cutting ties with Flowrestling."

Other coaches:  "Whaaa..............."

First coach:  "I'm reading that online right now.  Sal Mineo says ........ "

Others:  "Wellll, maybe we shoullldddd ..... but we haven't .......... "

We’re you on the panel for those atrocious seeds?  

17 minutes ago, red blades said:

Same thing two years ago?

Yes, atrocious seeds again.  Let’s not forget the 2020 149 lb bracket.  Evidently there WAS a rule where former finalists couldn’t be seeded lower than the number of allocations.  I guess that was changed when someone with ONE match got the 4 seed.  

Not sure about some other conferences, but EIWA uses a mathematical formula for their seeding and there's little wiggle room for coaches to argue. 

Sometimes you get some interesting results just from how the math works out, i.e 133.