Sign in to follow this  
caroten158

Can you be winning 6-0 get thrown for 5 and lose?

Will a five point throw end a match if the wrestler executing the hold is losing by 6?

Also will two three point throws end a match if the wrestler who executed them is still down by technical points.

Example: Red scores 3point throw, Blue scores 9 straight points (no throws), Red scores another 3point throw. Technical score Blue 9 - Red 6. Does Red win?

Yep just think of it in the same light as a pin as far as showing superiority and ending a match. It was the same under the old rules except now you get a match win not just a period won. According to the new rules the match can end with 5 point throw, 2-three point throws, or a 7 point scoring differential.

I can honestly say i have only skimmed the new new rules, due to already spending time on the new ones just to have them changes again followed by all the wording snafus that follows. Which will obviously be changing again to the new new new rules soon after the wording issues are fixed. Heck USA Wrestling just adopted OT for World Trials freestyle.

We just wrestled the East Coast Jr Duals in Md this past weekend using the newest set of rules (as interpreted by the officials.) Without stating any judgement, it's a fact that no dual (of 15 weights) lasted longer than one hour. There were many matches ended in the first period with 7 pt lead or 2 3's or a 5. It certainly gets things moving. The 2 pt TD is great.

Questions remain in my mind:

If wrestler A gets 2 3's or a 5 but is behind, and we know he isn't declared the winner at that point, is he declared the winner when he goes ahead later in the match or does the 3 or 5 have to win at the time it's hit.

Also, if a 3 is hit in period one and another is hit in period two and the wrestler is ahead, does that end the match? The officials from various states all agreed that the 3's have to be hit in the same period???

I think the rules will evolve further as they are used at various events. One thing for sure is Pete can shorten the week at Fargo with the new rules in place.

Overall I think the kids enjoyed wrestling under the new rules.

1) I'm pretty sure you hit all the issues people have with the rules. No one knows how to call them, let alone explain them to the casual viewer.

2) For a sport that claims to be the world's toughest, I fail to see how every match lasting 60 seconds supports that claim.