Question I do not know the answer to.  It seems both Iowa and Penn State have benefited greatly from transfers.  What would their lineups look like  without any transfers?  I consider anyone that did not start there as a freshman a transfer.  With that then who is the favorite to win big tens or NCAAs? 

Edited by Ranhil

9 hours ago, Ranhil said:

Question I do not know the answer to.  It seems both Iowa and Penn State have benefited greatly from transfers.  What would their lineups look like  without any transfers?  I consider anyone that did not start there as a freshman a transfer.  With that then who is the favorite to win big tens or NCAAs? 

Cael is a transfer, they would have no championships without Cael, well except for that one a long long time ago.

have no idea what I'm talking about

I like it better when people ask questions they do know the answer to.  

But to answer your question, I would say Penn State since they originally had Suriano and he transferred out which should we should count for Penn State.  Dean who transferred in was only a marginal upgrade over Beard.  The upgrade from Hildrebrandt from Suriano more than offsets the loss of Kerkvliet.  

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I like it better when people ask questions they do know the answer to.  

But to answer your question, I would say Penn State since they originally had Suriano and he transferred out which should we should count for Penn State.  Dean who transferred in was only a marginal upgrade over Beard.  The upgrade from Hildrebrandt from Suriano more than offsets the loss of Kerkvliet.  

They’d still have Nevilles without Kerk and he’s good for a low AA 

PSU would still be favored even if you don’t give them Suriano, as Iowa loses DeSanto and Eierman, and Michigan loses Suriano, Micic, Brucki, and Storr. ASU also loses McGee and Parco (edit: although they may have an asterisk because both of their teams were cut)

A lot of teams have transfers.

Edited by 1032004

21 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Don't forget, under the supposition in the OP, even if PSU doesn't have Suriano they'd have Teske.

Does Northwestern get anyone beyond Micic, Rivera and Carter Young back?  I feel like they lose a lot of top guys to transfer, but can't come up with any other names off the top of my head.

Edit: Not currently relevant, but they also lost Tsirtsis after he won his title.

Thank you to the ones that actually answered the question.   To the rest, thanks for making fun of the post, mocking the post, or simple saying "get used to it".   Nice to see you welcome new people to your board and sport.  I sure hope none of you are responsible for helping the sport of wrestling grow, or maybe you are and that's why the sport is struggling to gain new fans like myself. 

On 3/6/2022 at 5:56 AM, whaletail said:

Does Northwestern get anyone beyond Micic, Rivera and Carter Young back?  I feel like they lose a lot of top guys to transfer, but can't come up with any other names off the top of my head.

Edit: Not currently relevant, but they also lost Tsirtsis after he won his title.

They didn’t lose Tsirtsis, they screwed him and gave him the boot after his sister and best friend died a few months apart and his grades slipped 

7 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They didn’t lose Tsirtsis, they screwed him and gave him the boot after his sister and best friend died a few months apart and his grades slipped 

He got his degree from ASU then, or did he transfer somewhere else first?

8 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was eligible but not by northwestern standards and didn’t give him the exemption he asked for and instead put him on probation then gave him the boot 

Yup eligible according to the NCAA grade requirements, but NW has a higher grade accountability level than that. Sad that they didn’t take into account the whole situation and at least give him another semester and continued support to try to bounce back.  But a fresh start at ASU seems to work out for him. 

Edited by MadMardigain