Perry

B1G Discussion

We're back online. Starting the b1g discussion thread.

Murin with a nice win late in the quarters.

Young losing has big team implications but not as surprising of a result as the seeds might suggest.

Kemmerer nearly loses (maybe should have) but pulls it out

Penn state bonusing as usual. Their big hitters came to compete today. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Is Micic about to go 0-2?

:0

Edit:he gets the reversal just as I hit post

Edited edit: he wins

I have no idea what Im farting about

Not the same guy at all this year

21 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I’m just coming to this and we’re in the middle of the most boring consultations. Can anyone recap anything exciting that happened? Is there a different thread? Any upsets or surprises?

Boards were down during most of the action which is why there has been minimal discussion. No major upsets yet. Iowa had a terrible round in the quarters but did pill our big wins at 149 and 174. Assad and Warner are on the backside already. Michigan has looked tough with the exception of micic. 

Bummed but not surprised by Warner and Young losing. Warner actually in a great spot to get to the 3/4 match, especially if Caffey loses to Dean, Warner owning a couple of head to head wins last year. Brucki was always going to be a tough stylistic match up.

Young is... well, he's Kaleb Young, and he certainly showed it in that match, lol.

Biggest upset on paper is Berge over Young, but realistically I don't know if there was a dramatic upset. Deaugustino over Hildebrandt is also only really a big upset on paper.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Bummed but not surprised by Warner and Young losing. Warner actually in a great spot to get to the 3/4 match, especially if Caffey loses to Dean, Warner owning a couple of head to head wins last year. Brucki was always going to be a tough stylistic match up.

Young is... well, he's Kaleb Young, and he certainly showed it in that match, lol.

Biggest upset on paper is Berge over Young, but realistically I don't know if there was a dramatic upset. Deaugustino over Hildebrandt is also only really a big upset on paper.

Cody Goodwin tweeted he'd be shocked if Kem goes tonight.  He hearing anyting about this from the Hawk nation?

29 minutes ago, Perry said:

Boards were down during most of the action which is why there has been minimal discussion. No major upsets yet. Iowa had a terrible round in the quarters but did pill our big wins at 149 and 174. Assad and Warner are on the backside already. Michigan has looked tough with the exception of micic. 

Boards being down are why there's been no discussion of Red losing 1st round to the #13th seed. 

Cody Goodwin tweeted he'd be shocked if Kem goes tonight.  He hearing anyting about this from the Hawk nation?
I haven't. I'm in and out of family time right now, so I'm not super plugged in.

Neither Micic nor Red have looked right today.  I think they were both rather fortunate to win their second matches.  Storr has looked OK at times, but has Yahya Thomas next.  I think it will take a minor miracle for Michigan to qualify more than 8 for NCAA.

23 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Nothing concrete from what I've read but there is a lot of negative energy on the cesspool

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

Just now, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Nothing concrete from what I've read but there is a lot of negative energy on the cesspool

I have no idea what I'm farting about 

Kem looks pretty banged.  Him MFF'ing out might be the wisest decision.  

Given that Berge has won their only meeting, that’s not an upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone let me know how the 9th place brackets work if there are more than 8 qualifying spots.  Are the 6 guys that are first out in a 6 man bracket seeded by original seeds in tourney?  Meaning if there are 10 spots like 25 and 33 do the top 2 seeds in that simply have to win one match?  Much appreciated.