Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ppitts71

Big 12 Championship on ESPN2

Recommended Posts

Fix was great. Kaden Gfeller won via Marinelli Pushouts, so he won 2-1 without ever taking a shot. When will the refs start to realize when a wrestler is in the same body position as a football player on a blocking sled, he is pushing, not wrestling. What a boring assed match. Then you have guys like O'Toole and Payton Hall. Hats off to both. Very enjoyable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

That's the joke? 

More of a sad statement that a conference boasting Mizzou, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Iowa State is a non factor on the national scene. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Fix was great. Kaden Gfeller won via Marinelli Pushouts, so he won 2-1 without ever taking a shot. When will the refs start to realize when a wrestler is in the same body position as a football player on a blocking sled, he is pushing, not wrestling. What a boring assed match. Then you have guys like O'Toole and Payton Hall. Hats off to both. Very enjoyable. 

Steveson induced a stall on Parris with a straight armed push from a Barroom Bouncer 101 class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Steveson induced a stall on Parris with a straight armed push from a Barroom Bouncer 101 class.

Take your word for it. I was watching the other match. 

Congrats to Wyatt Hendrickson. Tough wrestler. Congrats to Keckeisen and Buchanon. Keckeisen is tough as nails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, TBar1977 said:

Take your word for it. I was watching the other match. 

Congrats to Wyatt Hendrickson. Tough wrestler. Congrats to Keckeisen and Buchanon. Keckeisen is tough as nails. 

ESPN showing no respect.  Interviewed 9 champs and Coach Smith of Mizzou...but miss out on interviewing the OW of the tournament in Hendrickson?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swayz said:

ESPN showing no respect.  Interviewed 9 champs and Coach Smith of Mizzou...but miss out on interviewing the OW of the tournament in Hendrickson?! 

Did not know that. They should have interviewed him but they probably ran out of time. Maybe do something before NCAAs. He sure slaps those cradles on fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TBar1977 said:

Did not know that. They should have interviewed him but they probably ran out of time. Maybe do something before NCAAs. He sure slaps those cradles on fast.

Yes he does.   Thing we need to keep in prospective with him is  if he gets taken down and put in a 6 - 0 defecit again versus the field at NCAAs...he may not come out winning.   Look forward to seeing how he matches up with a lot of the individuals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2022 at 8:41 PM, TBar1977 said:

Fix was great. Kaden Gfeller won via Marinelli Pushouts, so he won 2-1 without ever taking a shot. When will the refs start to realize when a wrestler is in the same body position as a football player on a blocking sled, he is pushing, not wrestling. What a boring assed match. Then you have guys like O'Toole and Payton Hall. Hats off to both. Very enjoyable. 

Yes it looked like an Iowa style match but perhaps you didn't watch the entire match?  A foot sweep (maybe he got that from Mocco), two single legs and a double, problem was all were on the edge and no room to finish. Its not Gfeller's normal style (but he is dangerous with throws) but he just wrestled the kid last dual and knew thats his weakness, isnt that part of wrestling exploting the other guys weakness?

 

BTW: all those wanting a fs type push out rule should love this match, thats what we'll get, I am not a fan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or people could learn how to hand fight and how to make people pay for just pushing.. oh wait. It’s the same thing Tbar says about the ankle pinch ride.. seems like he has to admit the ankle ride is stalling or needs to stop whiny about pushing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, TBar1977 said:

Fix was great. Kaden Gfeller won via Marinelli Pushouts, so he won 2-1 without ever taking a shot. When will the refs start to realize when a wrestler is in the same body position as a football player on a blocking sled, he is pushing, not wrestling. What a boring assed match.

Just watched this.  You weren't kidding (although as ionel noted he did at least take a few shots)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...