VakAttack

Will Wyatt Hendrickson give Mason Parris a shot at the finals?

I think he can actually fall to the 8 seed. Gable, Schultz, Stencel, Wood, and Hendrickson will all be seeded ahead of Parris. Then Kerk and Cass both finished ahead of Parris at big tens.

I think he can actually fall to the 8 seed. Gable, Schultz, Stencel, Wood, and Hendrickson will all be seeded ahead of Parris. Then Kerk and Cass both finished ahead of Parris at big tens.
I have a hard time seeing Wood and Stencel up there. Neither guy is undefeated, conference championship only gets you so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Kov88 said:

I don't see any possible way that Stencel is seeded above Parris.  Parris just beat him the last week of the regular season.

I will make a prediction. Wyatt Hendrickson will beat someone at NCAAs that half this msg. board doesn't believe he should be seeded higher than. He is a better wrestler than the impression I would get just from reading this board. 

Just now, MSU158 said:

If I had to guess I would probably go:

1. Steveson

2. Schultz

3. Cass

4. Hendrickson

5. Kerkvliet

6. Parris

7. Wood

8. Stencel

After that, it gets pretty rough...

This was my prediction. I had been saying since Parris lost to Kerkvliet in the dual that 3rd place in the Big Tens gets you on the same side as Gable. 

If history is any indication, many have complained that Mizzou routinely got seeds higher than deserved due to excellent records in an inferior conference combined with conference champ status. Don’t be surprised if Hendrickson is seeded higher than you expect. 

16 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

If history is any indication, many have complained that Mizzou routinely got seeds higher than deserved due to excellent records in an inferior conference combined with conference champ status. Don’t be surprised if Hendrickson is seeded higher than you expect. 

Coaches rankings seem to hold a TON of weight the past couple of years.  I would be surprised if Hendrickson jumps Schultz or Cass.  4th or 5th seems most likely, but I could even see them putting Kerkvliet and Parris ahead of him simply due to the rankings and how flat out tough the B1G is this year at 285!

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Coaches rankings seem to hold a TON of weight the past couple of years.  I would be surprised if Hendrickson jumps Schultz or Cass.  4th or 5th seems most likely, but I could even see them putting Kerkvliet and Parris ahead of him simply due to the rankings and how flat out tough the B1G is this year at 285!

If you say so, but I recall Mizzou conference champs getting seeded higher than higher ranked Big10 runners up, much to the consternation of many. 

10 minutes ago, tigerfan said:

If you say so, but I recall Mizzou conference champs getting seeded higher than higher ranked Big10 runners up, much to the consternation of many. 

Go back and look at the coaches rankings for them, if you could find them for that time.  I think you would see that most, if not all, of the Missouri wrestlers were ranked over the B1G counterparts.  Missouri has been a proven team for some time and would get the respect, even if the MAC schedule held them back a bit.  Sadly, Hendrickson wrestles for Air Force on top of a pretty weak schedule, so I don't think he moves up.  Plus he didn't AA last year, while the B1G guys in question all did.  That definitely boosts the coaches rankings!

20 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Would be nice to see Wyatt Hendrickson as the second coming of 2003 Air Force heavyweight finalist Kevin Hoy!

I wrestled Hoy that year.  It was brutal.  I still feel it .