BSUBroncoDynasty

Ferrari - trouble brewing at Okie State?

I couldn't help but notice that as Okie State was competing in Tulsa this weekend at the Big 12 tournament, AJ Ferrari was partying in Vegas with Jorge Masvidal and his entourage. Doesn't seem like the best look for AJ not being there to support his team. I get that he has attended other OSU events this year, but to disappear to Vegas on conference tournament weekend? Questionable decision making at best. I wonder if Ferrari is back at OSU next season or if the sideshow has become a bit much for John Smith and staff to deal with. 

1 minute ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

I couldn't help but notice that as Okie State was competing in Tulsa this weekend at the Big 12 tournament, AJ Ferrari was partying in Vegas with Jorge Masvidal and his entourage. Doesn't seem like the best look for AJ not being there to support his team. I get that he has attended other OSU events this year, but to disappear to Vegas on conference tournament weekend? Questionable decision making at best. I wonder if Ferrari is back at OSU next season or if the sideshow has become a bit much for John Smith and staff to deal with. 

Sideshow? He won NCAA as a true freshman.  I think you're reading too far into this.  Would be shocked if he wasn't back.  All signs point to him definitely being back as a Cowboy 

55 minutes ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

AJ Ferrari was partying in Vegas with Jorge Masvidal and his entourage. Doesn't seem like the best look for AJ not being there to support his team. 

He probably should have been helping him with training more being that Masvidal lost by unanimous decision.  He gave up 6 takedowns and was controlled for most of the match.  Definitely needed to work better on those fast twitch skills.

Edited by MadMardigain

Idk why it's an issue, but I feel like rumor mongering. So, here goes:  Ferrari was in Vegas at the same time his current team was being embarrassed. Some of the kids that were there -- wrestling -- looked like they didn't want to be there ... or even on the team. Maybe the coaches, too. Why do I say this? Something about the fact that Whitlake, Stika, and others weren't wearing identifiable OSU team gear during warm up rubbed me the wrong way. (Gfeller did the same thing last year when he had checked out)Same thing with John Smith not cornering his student athletes on Sunday morning. Usually not a big deal ... but the team is in free fall. The whole thing just felt off. 

Re couldn't travel with the team: Tulsa is a lot closer than Vegas.

Edited by jackwebster

Just now, juniorvarsity said:

Tulsa is one hour away from Stillwater. Very strange. Even if he cannot drive, I am sure he could have gotten a ride from some redshirt.

No matter what anyone says about this, this is not something a team captain would do.

Agreed. It's sketchy...

He will look at the transfer portal so he can get to Penn State.

Would Cael & Co go for a hot dog?

Carl doesn’t like dogs - ask Bubba.

Although it would be interesting to see Beard demoted to 3rd string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

AJ Ferrari was partying in Vegas with Jorge Masvidal and his entourage. Doesn't seem like the best look for AJ not being there to support his team. I get that he has attended other OSU events this year, but to disappear to Vegas on conference tournament weekend? Questionable decision making at best. I wonder if Ferrari is back at OSU next season or if the sideshow has become a bit much for John Smith and staff to deal with. 

John Smith sent Ferrari to Vegas to place a $1,000 prop bet on the UNDER for OK State's point total at the Big 12 tourney.

2 hours ago, juniorvarsity said:

Tulsa is one hour away from Stillwater. Very strange. Even if he cannot drive, I am sure he could have gotten a ride from some redshirt.

No matter what anyone says about this, this is not something a team captain would do.

Yep, agreed. I can’t imagine John Smith was thrilled to see someone that is supposed to be a team leader partying in Vegas while the rest of the team is competing an hour away from its campus. Bad look. 

Didn't Ferrari get kicked out of Blair with his brother for fighting or something? The guy is a great wrestler but that doesn't mean he's smart or going to make good decisions. My guess is wrestling is a means to an end with him and he really doesn't care about the team and OKST is a decent option for that type of kid. If he gets healthy and scores points at the NCAAs they won't mess with him and he can go to MMA or the WWE in a couple years.

Just now, buckshot1969 said:

Didn't Ferrari get kicked out of Blair with his brother for fighting or something? The guy is a great wrestler but that doesn't mean he's smart or going to make good decisions. My guess is wrestling is a means to an end with him and he really doesn't care about the team and OKST is a decent option for that type of kid. If he gets healthy and scores points at the NCAAs they won't mess with him and he can go to MMA or the WWE in a couple years.

No. He stayed with his brother.

11 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

You first relate that he got kicked out (he didn't) for fighting or something (he didn't), then you go on to say he doesn't care about the team (he does).  He's famous at OSU for supporting every athletic program on campus.  It's a very bad look that he wasn't there this weekend, and it's fine to drag him for that, but the rest of your post is just you making stuff up.  

19 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Dude You know nothing about AJ. He loves Oklahoma State. He is by all accounts a great teammate and he regularly attends other OSU sporting events. 

Edited by TheJimReaper

I find him to be very entertaining and hate to see him get flamed on here.  OKST has its own culture and hopefully AJ finds it a good fit.  Sometimes the provocative social media brand development is not much a of true picture of the athlete.  Hard to imagine he gets the results he has gotten without a lot of hard work under the guidance of excellent coaches.

Edited by Elevator

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

obviously someone has never been on a team....

I don't think all good wrestling teams need to be all Ra-Ra to be honest.  It's not a team sport.  My best years I hated my drill partners and tried to take it out on him on a daily basis