Sign in to follow this  
newuser69

Kyle Dake Vs The Big Ten

4 hours ago, Katie said:

OP said “current Kyle Dake.”

Bulked up Kyle Dake (with quality weight) would have a much better shot at Amine.  Not sure how that would go, but he could very well win. But still I doubt that 184 pounds or 86kg is his ideal weight.

My memory is fuzzy but I believe (and could be way off!) that the buzz was he weighed in  ~178 at 2016 OTT which is likely at or below his current walking weight.

32 minutes ago, Katie said:

In theory he could be a full-sized, stocky 86 kger.  But I doubt its possible for him to do that naturally, and he may not perform as well with 25 pounds of extra muscle regardless. 

In the past, he looked good at 79 kg, but 86 kg is a jump up of another 15 pounds.  The best he could do naturally is probably being a full-sized 79 kger who cuts little to no weight in order to compete at 86 kg.

Anyway, Dake is an all-time great.  I'm not here to bash anyone.

But he HAS wrestled at 86K and beaten J'den and Taylor at that weight.

Edited by NJDan

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

But he HAS wrestled at 86K and beaten J'den and Taylor at that weight.

Right. And he took one match out of three from an Olympic bronze medalist (Cox).  Which goes back to my point that that a bulked up Dake would have a good shot at Amine, who is also an Olympic bronze medalist. 

I just doubt that 86 kg is Dake’s ideal weight, or could be.  

Edited by Katie

1 minute ago, Katie said:

Right. And he took one match out of three from an Olympic bronze medalist (Cox).  Which goes back to my point that that bulked up Dake would have a good shot at Amine.  

Yeah, I think I just said exactly that.

37 minutes ago, wamba said:

He walks through all weights up until heavyweight and then he’d get massacred.

Last year's wrestlestat match-up had S Lee beating Steveson.  If Spencer Fing Lee can beat The Gable surely Kid Dynamite can!

dake still doesn't get love from some.  i recall sitting in the pepsi arena in albany 4 straight years and noone thought dake could beat ian paddock.  and then of course the david taylor matchups.  the dude is money, and i'm glad i got the chance to see him wrestle in high school.

2 hours ago, boathead said:

dake still doesn't get love from some.  i recall sitting in the pepsi arena in albany 4 straight years and noone thought dake could beat ian paddock.  and then of course the david taylor matchups.  the dude is money, and i'm glad i got the chance to see him wrestle in high school.

he still sucks at fantasy matches  :(

32 minutes ago, ionel said:

he still sucks at fantasy matches  :(

Except for Gable (maybe Amine was a draw), Dake swept the B10 in fantasy matches.  He used to suck but has definitely jumped levels.  

I think his next big fantasy tournament is against the Russian Army. I see him winning against small arms, artillery, tanks and MIGs.  He'd keep it close against nuclear warheads but would probably lose against biological weapons because he is anti-vax.