jackwebster

Suriano's media coach

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

I'm just now watching the B1G telecast in full and am impressed by Suriano's skill in front of the camera. He fields the boilerplate with patience and delivers appropriately trite responses with as much sincerity as possible.  

Leah Howard is top-notch.

1 hour ago, Bozak2018 said:

I thought his post match interview was cringe.  His cornrows look ridiculous and his side eyeing of the interviewer was just weird.

I'm with this!

I get that he'd just come off the mat, but he (and Massa) sounded horrible compared to the great responses and genuine excitement from Amine (using him as they're all UofM). Suriano appeared very awkward.

Nicky has taken steps back with his media presentation skills from the days of attending acting classes at New Jersey U.

And before the what-aboutism - yes, Starocci could tune up his talking points.

1 minute ago, PSUSMC said:

Suriano appeared very awkward.

Nicky has taken steps back with his media presentation skills from the days of attending acting classes at New Jersey U.

Wasn't he a little Ferrari-esque back then? At least his social media had the same feel, shirtless-flexing and the like. Different strokes, I guess. 

I have to agree.  My impression was psychopathic attempts to process and display confusing and underfelt emotions.  Not accusing him of that but between the new look (lower weight and longer hair) and the social awkwardness it was a strange interview. 

He wrestled a great match.  Still my pick to win it all.  

2 hours ago, ironmonkey said:

I have to agree.  My impression was psychopathic attempts to process and display confusing and underfelt emotions.  Not accusing him of that but between the new look (lower weight and longer hair) and the social awkwardness it was a strange interview. 

He wrestled a great match.  Still my pick to win it all.  

yeah to be sure I wasn't accusing him of that I just thought it was a funny characterization. He was fidgety and weird and awkward.

I think he was constantly trying to process if the questions ininuated anything insulting so he could launch into some sort of trite "I love my haters" speech.

Related/ Unrelated, when will we please, for the love of all things, STOPPPPPPP the immediate, step off the mat, post-match interview.

The worst!

No one has half their wits about them 10 seconds after having their adrenaline set to 100 for the previous 7 minutes.

2 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

Related/ Unrelated, when will we please, for the love of all things, STOPPPPPPP the immediate, step off the mat, post-match interview.

The worst!

No one has half their wits about them 10 seconds after having their adrenaline set to 100 for the previous 7 minutes.

I think if we are gonna do it, we need to do it to the losers. Thats entertainment.

2 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

The worst!

I agree although Cam Simaz did a good one.

16 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I'm just now watching the B1G telecast in full and am impressed by Suriano's skill in front of the camera. He fields the boilerplate with patience and delivers appropriately trite responses with as much sincerity as possible.  

I agree. I think Suriano did a great job in his interview. 

5 minutes ago, MagnetBack said:

I agree. I think Suriano did a great job in his interview. 

If there is any awkwardness in the interview it's bc Suriano's responses draw attention to the absurdity the post-match interview process. The interviewer is asking empty questions and Suriano gives empty responses without being rude.