Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Should Sebastian Rivera get the 2 seed?

I'm noticing he's 24-0, but Nick Lee is undefeated and returning champ so he gets the 1 seed.

Eireman "beat" Rivera by MFF, but then had his own MFF in the Big 10 finals.  Eireman also has 1 loss.

So given that both Eireman and Rivera have MFFs and Rivera is undefeated, shouldn't Rivera get the 2 seed and Eireman the 3 seed?

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'm noticing he's 24-0, but Nick Lee is undefeated and returning champ so he gets the 1 seed.

Eireman "beat" Rivera by MFF, but then had his own MFF in the Big 10 finals.  Eireman also has 1 loss.

So given that both Eireman and Rivera have MFFs and Rivera is undefeated, shouldn't Rivera get the 2 seed and Eireman the 3 seed?

What criteria was used for BIG seeding that put the undefeated Rivera behind Eireman? 

I assumed Rivera would be the 2 and Eierman the 3 at B1G's. But that did not account for strength of schedule.

Through no fault of his own (until the B1G tourney) Rivera wrestled and dominated the bottom tier of the conference. He went 8-0 in duals. But 4 of those wins were against back ups and the other 4 were against the bottom half of the conference (7, 8, 13, and 14 seeds). Of course, he slaughtered those guys, which should count for something.

On the other hand, Eierman beat the 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9.

As for NCAAs, you could make an argument that Real Woods should be the #2 seed.

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I assumed Rivera would be the 2 and Eierman the 3 at B1G's. But that did not account for strength of schedule.

Through no fault of his own (until the B1G tourney) Rivera wrestled and dominated the bottom tier of the conference. He went 8-0 in duals. But 4 of those wins were against back ups and the other 4 were against the bottom half of the conference (7, 8, 13, and 14 seeds). Of course, he slaughtered those guys, which should count for something.

On the other hand, Eierman beat the 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9.

As for NCAAs, you could make an argument that Real Woods should be the #2 seed.

NFW