3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

He has O'Toole 2nd round.  Maybe.

Not a big fan of that draw for O'Toole.  He's 2-0 vs Valencia, but was tied at 6-6 in the 3rd before sticking him earlier this year.  Of course Valencia did look like crap last weekend, so we'll see who shows up.

9 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

If they both get through, I want to see Wentzel/Kharchla.  That should be good.  Wentzel may surprise again this year.

Eh I've never been very impressed with Wentzel and definitely don't see him getting past Kharchla (It was only 4-3 when they wrestled earlier this year though).

Wentzel has 5 losses and 2 of them were to non top guys.

Of the 2, Griffith is far more likely to outplace his seed IMO.  His only other loss besides to Wick was to Ramirez way back in November.   Griffith/Hamiti should be good too if we see that one.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Eh I've never been very impressed with Wentzel and definitely don't see him getting past Kharchla (It was only 4-3 when they wrestled earlier this year though).

Wentzel has 5 losses and 2 of them were to non top guys.

Of the 2, Griffith is far more likely to outplace his seed IMO.  His only other loss besides to Wick was to Ramirez way back in November.   Griffith/Hamiti should be good too if we see that one.

I'm....almost....feeling a Wentzel/Kharchla bet coming on here.  Almost.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

I'll raise 1 Cinnabon & 2 stupid threads.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I will bet 3 cinnabons

Man, you guys aren't messing around.  I was just testing the water and you guys go big time...

Warning:  I have an unlimited supply of stupid threads available right here in my head.

2 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Man, you guys aren't messing around.  I was just testing the water and you guys go big time...

Warning:  I have an unlimited supply of stupid threads available right here in my head.

So are you going all in on stupid threads?  Be careful, I'm assessing my position, may call.  :)

5 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Sure.  You'll be all in.  I won't be.

As a member of themat forums I have access to an unlimited supply of jimmypastry stupid threads and if you've checked the forums last couple days they've been multiplying faster than you can open them.  I suggest you fold.  :)

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

As a member of themat forums I have access to an unlimited supply of jimmypastry stupid threads and if you've checked the forums last couple days they've been multiplying faster than you can open them.  I suggest you fold.  :)

In the immortal words of Roberto Duran..."No mas".  Take the pot.

Griffith v Hamiti on Friday AM should be fun - as well as Kharchla v O'Toole - followed by Friday night Semi battles with the winners of those matches against Wick and Marinelli (assuming he gets by Amine)

Let the games begin!