Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Which #1 seed will score the most bonus points?

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Serious question: Has Carr even lost since they last wrestled?  What are both of their records at 157 for folkstyle since?

Carr only has 1 loss in Folk and that was in 2020 by a score of 9-3 to Ryan Deakin .  In fact, he only had 1 loss during his redshirting season and that was Peyton Mocco 9-8.  So, not sure how Brady Berge even got into this, but I would say Carr is an overwhelming favorite if they hit at NCAA's...

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/51126/carr-david/profile

45 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Serious question: Has Carr even lost since they last wrestled?  What are both of their records at 157 for folkstyle since?

Berge beat Carr in the 2018 Jr World Team Trials (Freestyle)

70 kg – Brady Berge – Mantorville, Minnesota (Penn State) Freshman

2018 Junior World Team Trials Champion

Defeated AJ Jaffe (Harvard) 12-1

Defeated Brayton Lee (Brownsburg HS) 5-1

Defeated David Carr (Massillon Perry HS) 7-5

Defeated Austin O’Connor (North Carolina) 7-4, 0-10, 6-2

2 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Berge beat Carr in the 2018 Jr World Team Trials (Freestyle)

70 kg – Brady Berge – Mantorville, Minnesota (Penn State) Freshman

2018 Junior World Team Trials Champion

Defeated AJ Jaffe (Harvard) 12-1

Defeated Brayton Lee (Brownsburg HS) 5-1

Defeated David Carr (Massillon Perry HS) 7-5

Defeated Austin O’Connor (North Carolina) 7-4, 0-10, 6-2

Wow. Remember 2018? That was an innocent time.

125: Suriano's gonna at least major everyone until the finals, but that's offset if someone else gets 2 pins. So no biggie.

133: RBY has seemed a bit tentative this year. Thinking he has a Zain-like ending where he clearly dominates, but doesn't blow anyone outta the water.

141: Nick Lee's competition gets pretty stiff as early as the QFs. Won't be surprised by any bonus but not expecting any, either.

149: Yianni ain't bonusing anybody, but they'll all be fun to watch. Really feels like a gift watching him wrestle.

157: Carr will tear folks up, but like Nick, his competition gets pretty strong early on.

165: I think O'Toole will score more bonus than Wick, really. Both put up hella points, and both are doing it more this year. I just feel like O'Toole goes for it more.

174: Besides a weird match at Maryland, Starocci's ran it tf up on everyone else. If he didn't have Labs and Hayden on his side, I'd say he's a sleeper pick for the Gregorian this year. Will be fun to follow his tournament next weekend.

184: If #1 was still Aaron here, I'd say him. But it's Myles. He'll smother the most people of any #1 seed. But I don't see him fixing to bonus through the tournament, though would love to see it for the sake of Michigan's title chances.

197: Would love to see Max turn it on like he was at the beginning of the year. Much like Myles, I just think he'll win comfortably, even with a redemption match in the QF and a scary SF.

285: Would love to see Gable catch some pins, but I get it, a 130kg man can be a lot to subdue. Surely some longer MDs and TFs.