Sign in to follow this  
JustaGuy

I just ran all of the 141 bracket in Wrestlestat....is wrestlestat that much of a joke? (I know they do the best they can, and it is just a tool for entertainment)

Here are the top 8 placers with seed and record (after all matches)

1.  (1) Nick Lee 22-0

2. (2) Jaydin Eierman 20-2

3. (24) Stevan Micic 16-7

4. (23) Gabe Willochell 28-10

5. (6) Cole Matthews 21-4

6. (5) Andrew Alirez 25-6

7. (9) Allan Hart 20-7

8. (19) Chad Red 15-9

No Sebastian Rivera, No Real Woods and a few other wrestlers

I mean... there are always brackets that blow up.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this would happen.

Unless Rivera has a large setback in his recovery over the next week, I don't see him not placing, at the very least.  One thing folks haven't given him too much grief over, because Ole Lunchbox Mits exists, is that he has never not lost at NCAAs, despite being one of the favorites at NCAAs more than once.

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I mean... there are always brackets that blow up.  It isn't out of the realm of possibility that this would happen.

Unless Rivera has a large setback in his recovery over the next week, I don't see him not placing, at the very least.  One thing folks haven't given him too much grief over, because Ole Lunchbox Mits exists, is that he has never not lost at NCAAs, despite being one of the favorites at NCAAs more than once.

I read the above bolded part about 20 times and I forgot who I am and where I am at in the process.  Would you please rephrase it so that someone that speaks English as their main language has a chance of understanding it?  ;)

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I read the above bolded part about 20 times and I forgot who I am and where I am at in the process.  Would you please rephrase it so that someone that speaks English as their main language has a chance of understanding it?  ;)

Don't get him going or he's going to invite everyone to the keggers

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I don't see him not placing, means I see him getting Top 8 unless he has a setback in his recovery over the next week. 

Never not lost means Rivera has always lost at NCAAs despite being a heavy favorite to win every season, save for his frosh season.

Ole Lunchbox Mits = Marinelli.  Meaning he did have sort of meltdown, just not as bad.

5 hours ago, JustaGuy said:

I just ran all of the 141 bracket in Wrestlestat....is wrestlestat that much of a joke? (I know they do the best they can, and it is just a tool for entertainment)

Here are the top 8 placers with seed and record (after all matches)

1.  (1) Nick Lee 22-0

2. (2) Jaydin Eierman 20-2

3. (24) Stevan Micic 16-7

4. (23) Gabe Willochell 28-10

5. (6) Cole Matthews 21-4

6. (5) Andrew Alirez 25-6

7. (9) Allan Hart 20-7

8. (19) Chad Red 15-9

No Sebastian Rivera, No Real Woods and a few other wrestlers

I put your comment in wrestlestat and based on your profile and the formula wresltestat uses, the answer is .... "No"  

On 3/10/2022 at 2:29 PM, nhs67 said:

I don't see him not placing, means I see him getting Top 8 unless he has a setback in his recovery over the next week. 

Never not lost means Rivera has always lost at NCAAs despite being a heavy favorite to win every season, save for his frosh season.

Ole Lunchbox Mits = Marinelli.  Meaning he did have sort of meltdown, just not as bad.

He was a heavy favorite to win nationals last year as the Big Ten 3rd place finisher and number 3 seed?

At least in his freshman year he was number 1 seed, so that year it was reasonable to call him the favorites.

Sophomore year he was the number 1 seed after winning big tens but Gross was probably the favorite.  Or at the very least he wasn’t a heavy favorite as you stated.

On 3/10/2022 at 2:29 PM, nhs67 said:

Lol had to do a double take, thought Jimmy wrote this.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, nhs67 said:

Can you explain how he has been a heavy favorite every season....

2018 - #10 seed- 31-8  - finished 6th

2019 #1 seed -30-2  finished 3rd - Lee was seeded 3rd and won the tournament convincingly - This would have been the only season he was picked to win - "heavily favored"? No That bracket was stacked. 

2021- #3 seed -12-3 -  finished 4th 

9 minutes ago, Idaho said:

2019 #1 seed -30-2  finished 3rd - Lee was seeded 3rd and won the tournament convincingly - This would have been the only season he was picked to win - "heavily favored"? No That bracket was stacked. 

He may have been considered the favorite in 2020 (but yeah, definitely not "heavy").  And he didn't lose!

4 hours ago, Mokoma said:

He was a heavy favorite to win nationals last year as the Big Ten 3rd place finisher and number 3 seed?

At least in his freshman year he was number 1 seed, so that year it was reasonable to call him the favorites.

Sophomore year he was the number 1 seed after winning big tens but Gross was probably the favorite.  Or at the very least he wasn’t a heavy favorite as you stated.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

He may have been considered the favorite in 2020 (but yeah, definitely not "heavy").  And he didn't lose!

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Being 'A' heavy favorite does not mean being 'THE' heavy favorite.  It is the equivalent of calling him a legitimate contender?

Edit: My apologies for the confusion.

Edited by nhs67

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Being 'A' heavy favorite does not mean being 'THE' heavy favorite.  It is the equivalent of calling him a legitimate contender?

No one would have flinched if you said a legitimate contender.

However, they are definitely not equivalent.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

No 

Spin-off to the slop wrestlestat output. 

which would be more surprising Micic finishes 3rd or Rivera doesn’t place?

(mind you a micic 3rd means he likely beat one of the top three or possibly his arch-nemesis Bergeland)

13 hours ago, Idaho said:

No 

Yes?

15 hours ago, Mokoma said:

No one would have flinched if you said a legitimate contender.

However, they are definitely not equivalent.

Still unsure why it is so confusing or why the way I worded it hurt so many of you.  I consider each of y'all to be rather intelligent dudes.  It is not complicated.