Sign in to follow this  
Lunaticfringe

Dark horse AA picks

Who are some dark horse AA picks? Guys who are in great shape and tough to score on are great backside guys. I like Jake Bergeland Minnesota doing well on the backside at 141, Brady Berge should do well at 157, don’t sleep on Cade DeVos at 174 either with long in the tooth Kemmerer and Hidley in his quad. #20 seed Poz at 184 was in the semis last year 

Trumble from NC ST immediately comes to mind.  Weird style and body type is going to give guys fits if they haven't wrestled someone like that before.

Are we entertaining Trumble over Buchanan at all? I might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Are we entertaining Trumble over Buchanan at all? I might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has a pinner's chance against everyone in the bracket.  I don't think he's going to string together enough of them to win or even make the finals, but he's one of those guys who'll be losing or in a close one and all of a sudden step over somebody and pin them.

I think Trumble has a chance against almost anyone, but I don't envision him beating Buchanan.  I don't see anyone beating Buchanan to be honest.  I am predicting him to win the title at 197 with Max Dean and Yonger Bastida as the two other most likely options (in my opinion)

Assuming dark horse is double digit seeds:

125 - He may BBQ, but Justin Cardani is a heck of a dark horse at 125.

133 - Byrd is my dark horse finalist with an upset over Fix. Dark horse AA is Biscolgia.

141 - D’Emilio

149 - the cheap pick is Yahya Thomas, so I’ll say Van Brill

157 -  Kendall Coleman

165 - Olejnik

174 - Mocco

184 - I think Britt Wilson and Geer both AA

197 - Tanner Sloan finally puts together a good tournament

285 - only Carl could root against a Nevills AA’ing

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Assuming dark horse is double digit seeds:

125 - He may BBQ, but Justin Cardani is a heck of a dark horse at 125.

133 - Byrd is my dark horse finalist with an upset over Fix. Dark horse AA is Biscolgia.

141 - D’Emilio

149 - the cheap pick is Yahya Thomas, so I’ll say Van Brill

157 -  Kendall Coleman

165 - Olejnik

174 - Mocco

184 - I think Britt Wilson and Geer both AA

197 - Tanner Sloan finally puts together a good tournament

285 - only Carl could root against a Nevills AA’ing

D’Emilio has Kinner first round which will be a tough matchup…. Kinda ironic though, old buckeye vs new buckeye 

I just completed my 125 bracket.  Final AAs based on the way the bracket is put together (as it can be very matchup dependent):

1) Arujau

2) Suriano

3) Glory

4) Courtney

5) Barnett

6) Cardinale

7) McKee

8) Kaylor

I think Kaylor could be considered a bit of a darkhorse

16 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I just completed my 125 bracket.  Final AAs based on the way the bracket is put together (as it can be very matchup dependent):

1) Arujau

2) Suriano

3) Glory

4) Courtney

5) Barnett

6) Cardinale

7) McKee

8) Kaylor

I think Kaylor could be considered a bit of a darkhorse

I am working on mine but I have heinselman out after two matches with awful draws of Lamont and a kaylor. Kaylor has a rough draw himself in Barnett. 

1 minute ago, JMONEY149 said:

I am working on mine but I have heinselman out after two matches with awful draws of Lamont and a kaylor. Kaylor has a rough draw himself in Barnett. 

Yes I have him losing to Barnett, but making a nice run on the back side.  

For 133 which I just finished, nothing to exciting aside from Biscoglia at 8

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

feeling particularly bold, here are my 141 predictions, knowing that Eierman has a torn ACL:

1. Alirez

2. Rivera

3. Lee

4. Matthews

5. Woods

6. Composto

7. Eierman

8. Willits

Wow. Nick Lee has ice in his veins and if I was dropping Eierman id be moving Woods way up but I haven’t seen the bracket yet ! I can’t see Lee losing 

21 minutes ago, JMONEY149 said:

Wow. Nick Lee has ice in his veins and if I was dropping Eierman id be moving Woods way up but I haven’t seen the bracket yet ! I can’t see Lee losing 

Its true it would be a long shot but I have a lot of faith in Alirez for some reason. I think its because of how good he did at that freestyle tournament during covid and I kept rooting for him.  Unlikely but a fun prediction 

33 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Its true it would be a long shot but I have a lot of faith in Alirez for some reason. I think its because of how good he did at that freestyle tournament during covid and I kept rooting for him.  Unlikely but a fun prediction 

Alirez is so good and should place. He took Woods into deep waters. 141 has the best mix of top heavy plus depth. 149 has absolutely the most depth. And 184 might be the most top heavy. I know everyone says 165 look oiut but I'm not as excited as everyone else about that weight. At 184 the top 4 guys have career records of 308 wins and 36 losses. That is unbelievable

Edited by JMONEY149

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm not a Nebraska fan.

I am a Nebraska fan... And I don't know that Red belongs here. He is a 3time All American and should not be considered a dark horse. There is a chance he AAs and a chance he doesn't, but a dark horse is someone that not a lot of people believe have a great shot  to AA. Darkhorse to me means that less than 10% of knowledgeable wrestling fans believe that AA is a realistic possibility.  I think Red has proven that he is not a dark horse to AA. I give him a 34.2% to become a 4 time AA, and I wish it was a higher percentage!