fadzaev2

Your single greatest NCAA finals match of all time

3 hours ago, southend said:

And look at who he had to beat to get to Joseph. I think he had Joseph on his back for the count. 

Yup, he beat the bull and wick to reach the finals. That cradle on Joseph had the whole arena pumped, except for psu fans. I like Joseph by the way. Nothing but respect for the guy, just a VT fan gloating at our only natty champ. 

1 hour ago, Creek chub said:

Yup, he beat the bull and wick to reach the finals. That cradle on Joseph had the whole arena pumped, except for psu fans. I like Joseph by the way. Nothing but respect for the guy, just a VT fan gloating at our only natty champ. 

Being a jersey guy I had followed Mehki for a couple years already before he got to V tech and the fact that he went from barely beating Kyle Cochran in the state finals his sr year to knocking off The Bull, Wick and Cenzo in a row as a redshirt freshman shows how great of a job the coaching staff did down in Blacksburg , I mean he jumped several levels in less than 2 years and only one of them as a starter , absolutely wild run 

Jon Madsen SDSU vs Nick Severson NDSU     NCAA D2 Hwt finals    Who ever wins,wins the team title    They blew off the elevated mat several times    Severson By fall in 5:59

22 hours ago, BerniePragle said:

1993, 134 lbs.  Jaworsky over Kolat.  I think most people thought Kolat would never lose a match.  He ran out of gas.  Jaworsky was 3x NCAA champ though.

He already had 4 previous losses that year…

Going back to watch Banach and McIlravy I can understand the criticism of “Iowa Style” vs “Gable Style”. Those guys were constantly moving opponents and taking ground, but using a variety of techniques to score takedowns. 

To be fair though, few guys are as aggressive as those guys. Probably why some of the recent Penn State legends have been so popular because they were the closest to wrestling like that. 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:20 PM, hammerlockthree said:

its like the "dark horse" AA topics...people just post what they would  like as fans, blissfullly unaware of the sport as a whole.

21 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

OH.....I'm fully aware of the sport.....42 NCAA Championships,  36 in a row, around 30 Big Ten Championships,  and that's just a small segment of the resume.  This is good stuff!!

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

then why'd you assume i was talking about you

Because your post wasn't attached to anyone else's, and I'm the OP....look on the bright side, it gave you a chance to add to your total number of posts!

On 3/11/2022 at 1:04 PM, TripNSweep said:

I thought he transferred because of the sanctions Oklahoma State was looking at. 

I think the sanctions were over when he left, but I could be wrong.

One of the Purlers did transfer because of the sanctions. 

On 3/10/2022 at 8:22 PM, fadzaev2 said:

McIlravy, if I remember correctly, was pulled out of redshirt late his freshman year maybe right before the Big Ten Championship.  He came from behind to beat Abas 16-15 just about on the buzzer....doesn't get much better than thatl

Both Abas brothers had that awesome snapdown....