Creek chub

Team race placement predictions

On the original topic, I haven't done my brackets yet, but I'm picking Penn State over Iowa for the team title by about 23 points.  The brackets will likely have it closer than that because I'm sure I'll, unconsciously or not, favor Iowa in some match ups that are coinflips.  In my head, I have Ayala, Desanto, Eierman, Murin, Marinelli, Kemerer, Warner, and Cassioppi AAing; Young losing in the round of 12, Assad only winning a couple of matches.

2 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I read somewhere on this board a bit ago that Eiermen has a torn ACL? Any truth to that?

Only rumors, but he definitely appeared to have hurt it in his match against Red, and since then has seemed gimpy and is now wearing a brace.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Only rumors, but he definitely appeared to have hurt it in his match against Red, and since then has seemed gimpy and is now wearing a brace.

Yeah. I've seen him, just hadn't heard that until today.

12 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I predict that none of Penn State, Iowa, or Michigan will have a single national champion. 

125: Arujau

133: Fix

141: Rivera/Alirez

149: Yianni

157: Carr/Deakin

165: Wick/O'Toole

174: Lewis

184: Hidlay

197: Buchanan

285: Steveson

I predict you’re wrong.

4 hours ago, Casper said:

No love at all for Oklahoma State? It is as if the whole program was in that car with Ferrari.

Ferrari was a huge hit for them but it isn't just that - Wittlake who was 4th last year and considered a serious contender for much of this year is out entirely.  Aside fron Fix who has a great shot at being NC the only two guys seeded to AA are Mastro and Plott.and personally I think Mastro is probably not placing based on how he has wrestled lately. Gfeller also has a shot at a low AA but other than that OSU is SOL this year.  They will be having a good tournament if they can squeeze into the top ten and I wouldn't bet on that.

6 hours ago, Casper said:

No love at all for Oklahoma State? It is as if the whole program was in that car with Ferrari.

Within a couple 3 weeks they had 4 guys injured/lost, thats 4÷10 carry the zero ... yeah 40% of the lineup & included 3AAs plus one new expected AA prior to injury.   Yes they are not a factor this year.  

3 hours ago, Frank C said:

Araju over suriano

Fix over RBY

Lee over rivera

Yianni over 

Car over Teemer

Wick over otolle

Lewis over Sartocci

Brooks over Amine

Stevenson

Is 197 not going to be competed?

6 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

174 is expected to shake out like this:

1) Mekhi Lewis

2) Carter Starocci

3. Micky O'Malley

4. Hayden Hidlay

5. Mikey Labriola

6. Logan Massa

7. Ethan Smith

8. Michael Kemerer

Expected? By whom? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Don't break my heart

I could be a good omen for Iowa.  I have honestly zero against Iowa although for no particular reason I tended to forecast them as underperforming the consensus expectations.  I'm probably usually wrong.  It could be the case that my prediction increases Iowa's odds of winning the whole thing

26 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I could be a good omen for Iowa.  I have honestly zero against Iowa although for no particular reason I tended to forecast them as underperforming the consensus expectations.  I'm probably usually wrong.  It could be the case that my prediction increases Iowa's odds of winning the whole thing

What is your success rate in stock picking? 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:54 PM, Housebuye said:

Mizzou making the podium would be crazy. They have 2 guys seeded to AA. They have the qualifiers to do it in theory though. 

1. PSU

2. Michigan 

3. NC State

4. Iowa

Iowa may not make the podium. It will depend on how hurt Kemerer and Eierman are. 

I think Kem is going to have a tough time wrestling one armed, but Eierman, especially with his style, can wrestle thru his issue.

I start off in about 3 hours for my trek to the tourney. I give away a few Alaska hats at the tourney maybe some of you will be blessed with one.

16 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I just know what's going to happen.  You can ask me other weight classes if you want although I don't want to ruin the excitement for anyone 

Legit spew frosticcino out both nostrils following this narrative.  Excellent delivery.