Jump to content
Creek chub

Team race placement predictions

Recommended Posts

On 3/11/2022 at 5:10 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

6 predictions so far and no one has ASU on the podium. Where are our PAC12 posters?

I have been saying since the beginning of the season that I would be surprised if ASU earned a trophy this year even with an almost identical team.  With the Ivy schools back in and some individual wrestlers back in the mix, ASU's chances went down. Beavers....well I am hoping we can get a couple guys on the podium this year. 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:26 PM, Mphillips said:

The smart ones know better...

No offense and not directed to dubs. His post wasn't there when I clicked

Why thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ionel said:

1. PSU

2. Michigan

3. North Carolina State

4. Iowa (its a bad week)

5. Cornell

I have only gotten around to predicting the AAs and tallying those scores for teams and the order above is exactly what I show.  Bonus and win totals could change that I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, flyingcement said:

I could be a good omen for Iowa.  I have honestly zero against Iowa although for no particular reason I tended to forecast them as underperforming the consensus expectations.  I'm probably usually wrong.  It could be the case that my prediction increases Iowa's odds of winning the whole thing

I think that's similar to the strategery Cinnabon uses to aid PSU.  I'm not sure he knows it though.  He may be aiming for the reverse-reverse psychology.  Or I may be overanalyzing The Pastry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BerniePragle said:

I think that's similar to the strategery Cinnabon uses to aid PSU.  I'm not sure he knows it though.  He may be aiming for the reverse-reverse psychology.  Or I may be overanalyzing The Pastry.

Haha I don't have any strategy as I say because I truly have no team I really support over another.  I say that I like Lehigh best because they were local to me when I was growing up and I got the chance to see a couple college matches live when I was just a kid.  In actuality, I would say that my personal bias, which I'm aware of and embrace, is that I tend to favor those who are underdogs, but within a sense of reasonability.  Maybe its manifested itself by choosing good wrestlers from okay schools to take the high spots on the podium.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, flyingcement said:

I predict that none of Penn State, Iowa, or Michigan will have a single national champion. 

125: Arujau

133: Fix

141: Rivera/Alirez

149: Yianni

157: Carr/Deakin

165: Wick/O'Toole

174: Lewis

184: Hidlay

197: Buchanan

285: Steveson

That would actually be good for wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Final podium results:

  1. PSU
  2. Michigan
  3. Iowa
  4. Arizona State

None of us got it right.

I did! Here’s mine from 3/11, I never officially switched :) What do I win?

 

“I do, 4th actually preliminarily. I might want to flip to 5th with NC State as I look more into it, though

 

Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, Arizona State, NC State”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dubs said:

I did! Here’s mine from 3/11, I never officially switched :) What do I win?

 

“I do, 4th actually preliminarily. I might want to flip to 5th with NC State as I look more into it, though

 

Penn State, Michigan, Iowa, Arizona State, NC State”

My apologies, dubs. As TheMat.com's resident expert prognosticator, you have won an all expenses paid trip to spend a week in Jimmy Cinnabon's basement. A car will be out front shortly with a group of four heavyweight wrestlers to "escort" you and a black bag for your head. Second prize was two weeks with the Cinna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

My apologies, dubs. As TheMat.com's resident expert prognosticator, you have won an all expenses paid trip to spend a week in Jimmy Cinnabon's basement. A car will be out front shortly with a group of four heavyweight wrestlers to "escort" you and a black bag for your head. Second prize was two weeks with the Cinna.

Haha I must decline, the runner-up may partake. It was a crazy couple weeks as usual, thanks for all the statistics and analysis. I’m only a lurker here besides a few weeks in March generally, but I appreciate it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at the beginning of the year, there was speculation that Iowa would repeat. However injuries and probably the wear and tear of wrestling these extended college careers played into the down performance of   The Hawkeyes. 
However, as bad as things went for the Hawks, ( in terms of pre-season speculation), Okla St. only had 2 guys AA, which has to be much lower than what people thought, myself included. 
On the positive side, Nebraska had 5 AA’s AZ St. 5 AA’s, Northwestern 4 AA’s, Oregon St. 4 AA’s. ( under a new coach ), Ohio St. 4 AA’s. And of course the great season by both Michigan and Penn St.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, de4856 said:


On the positive side, Nebraska had 5 AA’s AZ St. 5 AA’s, Northwestern 4 AA’s, Oregon St. 4 AA’s. ( under a new coach ), Ohio St. 4 AA’s. And of course the great season by both Michigan and Penn St.

No question.  As a Nebraska fan I'm really pumped. Wish they had won some of the conso semis and squeaked into 4th. But after the dismal showing in the B1G tournament this was unexpected.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...