Sign in to follow this  
D3UC157

T-shirt Time

What are some of the T-shirts you held on to from your wrestling days or a favorite you picked up at an event as a fan?

Also, is there any better way to soften a t-shirt than countless hours of wrestling practice?

HS- a bunch of obscure local tourneys, love them. The more obscure the better. I’m talking about you Lackawanna Trail or Line Mountain Holiday Tourney c. 2003

College, we got these generic, gray, practice shirts, with “Wrestling” on them. Perfectly worn in.

13 minutes ago, D3UC157 said:

What are some of the T-shirts you held on to from your wrestling days or a favorite you picked up at an event as a fan?

Also, is there any better way to soften a t-shirt than countless hours of wrestling practice?

HS- a bunch of obscure local tourneys, love them. The more obscure the better. I’m talking about you Lackawanna Trail or Line Mountain Holiday Tourney c. 2003

College, we got these generic, gray, practice shirts, with “Wrestling” on them. Perfectly worn in.

Why not just ask us how old we are?  :(

Fred Fozzard Wrestling Camp - really hated when lost that t-shirt.  :(

I had a fire and lost a lot of my T-Shirts.But

I think my favorite was preceding the 1984 Olympics in L A. It showed our mascot, Sam the American having just pinned Misha the Soviet Bear(their mascot for the 1980 Olympics.). I think Sam had a foot on Misha's chest. (in NCAA, even PaSU or Iowa would have gotten a penalty for that)

Before the days of "fun/play", when the "grind" was still cool:

"That which does not kill me only makes me stronger"

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body"

I wore the heck out of those shirts through my early 20s - wish I had retired them before they became rags! Now I teach undergraduates, and they're uniting against "hustle culture"...

I had a nephew who ended up passing away in a car crash the year after he graduated high school.  He had made a tie-dye shirt from a white MHSAA States Finals shirt he had gotten his junior year at states and he wore that to every meet his senior season.  He had made it his mission to get every champ to sign it at states, including himself.

I lived in Northern Michigan at the time and we had a luncheon at my property in his memory and his dad gave it to me there.  I had it framed and it is up in my mancave.  Has been ever since.

My second favorite that I currently own and still wear is my Bloodround RTC shirt. Super comfortable and easily my favorite podcast.

My alltime favorites are/were a DSWC shirt with the samurai logo, a navy NYAC shirt, and an Arizona State "wrestling with the Devil" shirt that I tie-dyed.

I also like my baby blue "Funky" shirt with Ben Askren's face, and another tie-dye that I have that shows a skeleton suping another skeleton (Bootleg Grateful Dead-esque).

Edited by Konquest

6 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Granby School of Wrestling...

I had a great ringer Granby Camp shirt that had a nice checker pattern logo background on it.  Unfortunately wearing it out on too many college excursions took its toll on the shirt.  It did somehow make it through a wild night of the 1999 Family Values Tour mosh pit though.  I do miss that shirt. 

Edited by MadMardigain

On 3/13/2022 at 8:14 PM, MadMardigain said:

Well currently Alex T-Shirts is coaching at Mt. Carmel in IL while Jason T-Shirts is an assistant coach at IU.   I’m guessing they have gotten a little softer with age though I still wouldn’t mess with them. 

No doubt, Jason could stall you to death. 

Does anyone remember those "Top 10 Reasons to Date a Wrestler" shirts?

Totally agree with the Dave Schultz WC Samurai logo shirt!!!

Also had an old Terry Brands "Wrestle the World" shirt that basically faded away like Thanos snapping his fingers at it.....