flyingcement

Complete AA Predictions

19 minutes ago, stp said:

Dark horse 125 AA = Michael DeAugustino?   Anyone?  

Absolutely.  As I looked back through my bracket he was one of a couple others including Terukina and Ayala that I could have had going a bit further.  

37 minutes ago, stp said:

Dark horse 125 AA = Michael DeAugustino?   Anyone?  

I am super skeptical cuz of how non-offensive he wrestles and he lives by the edge of the close match but with a lot of luck I have him taking 8th to Schroder's 7th. I'm making a couple bold bets like Cardinale and Barnett over the favored guys. I have 1 Suriano 2 Arujau 3 Cardinale 4 Glory 5 Barnett 6 Courtney 7 Schroder 8 DeAUG

To me Cardinale has wrestled so tough this year, lost his shoulder brace and he took it to Spencer Lee last year

Edited by JMONEY149

I'm super excited to see 165 play out. I think any of Kharchla, Griffith, Wick, Marinelli, O'Toole, Hamiti could win it. Should make the backside interesting as well. 

8 hours ago, lu_alum said:

How is a 10-seed considered a dark horse?

My bad.  I thought only top eight are AA.   Lower than top 8=dark horse. 

8 minutes ago, stp said:

Dark horse essentially means anyone who isn't considered one of the favorites to place, or place highly, doing precisely that.  Someone having an insane run.

Using 157 specifically I would say that O'Connor is not a dark horse.  He has shown he can win it all.  His seed is low due to some losses that weren't expected.  He is the 11 seed.  I wouldn't be surprised by a Top 3 placement from him.  I wouldn't.  Especially if he is healthy.

Robb is the 10 seed at 157.  If he were to go on a tear and finish top 3/4 I would be surprised.  It would require he wrestle with a level of consistency that he hasn't achieved before (or yet).

There is an example of someone that is actually lower seed that wouldn't be (to me) in comparison to someone who would be a dark horse contender.

12 hours ago, JMONEY149 said:

I am super skeptical cuz of how non-offensive he wrestles and he lives by the edge of the close match but with a lot of luck I have him taking 8th to Schroder's 7th. I'm making a couple bold bets like Cardinale and Barnett over the favored guys. I have 1 Suriano 2 Arujau 3 Cardinale 4 Glory 5 Barnett 6 Courtney 7 Schroder 8 DeAUG

To me Cardinale has wrestled so tough this year, lost his shoulder brace and he took it to Spencer Lee last year

I might have some 6-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon-style trivia for this weight. But it depends on 1 question: when was the last time Suriano gave up back points?

6 hours ago, stp said:

I don't think someone seeded to make R12 would be considered a dark horse to make AA based on this definition:

image.png.c7a1c43b53995d573c2304868e5e597f.png

Edited by lu_alum

7 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I might have some 6-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon-style trivia for this weight. But it depends on 1 question: when was the last time Suriano gave up back points?

Piccinninni 2017?

On 3/14/2022 at 12:09 AM, potentiallydangerous said:

Trent Hillger will meet Jordan Wood in the blood round and beat him like a bowl of egg yolks.

That was a "bold" statement there,  buddy.

Hmmm... lemmesee... Hillger lost in the first rnd. Yep, and then went down into the consis,  got a MajorD  and advanced... only to get KO'ed by the BIg Red's Fernades, 2-1 (who went 0-2 against Jordan Wood, yes?)

And. albeit that JW won via med. forfeit over the nits Kerkvliet, and got 3rd?  That sure was a beating that he never got (from Hillger.)

(Yeah, I hear dem eggs beating for breakfast RIGHT about NOW!

Make mine a bacon and cheddar omelet, please! 

'cause chedda is betta ; > P )

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

2 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

That was a "bold" statement there,  buddy.

Hmmm... lemmesee... Hillger lost in the first rnd. Yep, and then went down into the consis,  got a MajorD  and advanced... only to get KO'ed by the BIg Red's Fernades, 2-1 (who went 0-2 against Jordan Wood, yes?)

And. albeit that JW won via med. forfeit over the nits Kerkvliet, and got 3rd?  That sure was a beating that he never got (from Hillger.)

(Yeah, I hear dem eggs beating for breakfast RIGHT about NOW!

Make mine a bacon and cheddar omelet, please! 

'cause chedda is betta ; > P )

D3

TL DR