Jimmy Cinnabon

Would Suriano win at 125 and 133 this year?

4 minutes ago, ugarte said:

he couldn't win 133 if he cut to 125 but he'd definitely be in the mix in alternate universes the same way yianni would be at 141 and 149

Not necessarily true....Suriano - Ragusin is much better than Medley - Suriano for team purposes. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Not necessarily true....Suriano - Ragusin is much better than Medley - Suriano for team purposes. 

i only meant a 125 pound Suriano isn't going to beat the top 133s while sucked out but that he could win either weight if he was preparing in advance for either weight. much like yianni would be a contender to win either 141 or 149 but if he sucked down to 141 he'd have a lot of trouble stepping on the mat at 149.

Edited by ugarte

3 hours ago, ugarte said:

i only meant a 125 pound Suriano isn't going to beat the top 133s while sucked out but that he could win either weight if he was preparing in advance for either weight. much like yianni would be a contender to win either 141 or 149 but if he sucked down to 141 he'd have a lot of trouble stepping on the mat at 149.

True 

7 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He never gave up any in high school , I believe he was only taken down 5-6 times total 

He got thrown on his back (pancake) at beast his freshman year (?), and I was almost certain the dude got a count. I remember bc the guy panicked and immediately started to stall ... like straight up run away.  It was against Tommy Aloi from Forest Park, VA.

Edited by jackwebster

12 hours ago, jackwebster said:

He got thrown on his back (pancake) at beast his freshman year (?), and I was almost certain the dude got a count. I remember bc the guy panicked and immediately started to stall ... like straight up run away.  It was against Tommy Aloi from Forest Park, VA.

Oh you may be right , I was thinking about that as a takedown bc they were neutral when it happened , good catch though he may have given up 2

20 hours ago, Le duke said:

Suriano likely wouldn’t beat RBY at 133, let alone as a 125lber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad we will never see that match. Would be a great contrast of styles and worth twice the price of admission. 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:45 AM, ugarte said:

I agree with this.  If he prepared in advance for either weight, he would be top 3.  However, I think he losses to Vito this year in the finals.  In the alternative universe scenario, I think he would take 3rd at 133 (though I am aware he won 133 with Fix and RBY in 2019).