Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Best off-season wrestling camps

Are there any that actually make you a better wrestler? I know that's a tall order, given that the longer ones still are only 10-14 days at the most. I've heard people say the Iowa intensive and J Rob camps made a material difference, but I don't think either of those are around anymore. 

I've heard good things about the Jordan camp (particularly with regard to improving drilling skills) and the Purler camp, but I also wonder if people just say the camp made them better to feel better about the money they've spent. Any college-sponsored camps that you participated in and found that it improved your or your kid's wrestling for the next season?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:35 PM, Wrestle81 said:

Jeff Jordan's camp of champs....best I e been to....and I've probably brought kids to 20 different ones

Looks like the individual camp has a half day in Sunday, full days Mon to Wed., and a half day on Thurs. Is that the same schedule as the one you attended? And those 4 days are enough to make a difference?

With wrestling clubs popping up everywhere these days with elite coaching and so much technique available on the internet, the concept of the intensive or even the technique camp is a bit outdated. The most useful aspect of a wrestling camp is sending somebody who is thinking about wrestling in college into the college environment with college athletes/coaches.  The best camp to go to is one that will provide a college-like environment to help the transition from HS to college wrestling. 

Edited by Billyhoyle