Other than 197, what 1 seed is most likely to lose before the semis?

Nothing against Max Dean, but we all know 197 has the most parity and Dean has already lost to the 9 seed.

I'm not sure it happens, but I think the only real chances are at 174 (Labriola over Starocci) or 165 (Conigliaro or Hall over Wick).    Can't write off Conigliaro due to the 165 8-seed factor, and I know Wick has been on fire, but I think Hall might have the best chance.  He looked pretty good against O'Toole.

If you listened to the Basch podcast, he was convinced that Hildebrandt would beat Suriano at Bigs because Suriano didn't look "that good" to him (90% bonus be damned) and Hildebrandt (44% bonus) really impressed him. With that wisdom in mind, idk how you dont add Suriano to your list...

2 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

If you listened to the Basch podcast, he was convinced that Hildebrandt would beat Suriano at Bigs because Suriano didn't look "that good" to him (90% bonus be damned) and Hildebrandt (44% bonus) really impressed him. With that wisdom in mind, idk how you dont add Suriano to your list...

LOL.   I guess technically their match was close, but Suriano never seemed in danger.  Hildebrandt should worry about beating Noto first.

4 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

After seeing the Pillsbury Doughboy post about Quinn Kinner beating Nick Lee in the other thread I now kind of think D'emilio will take Kinner out in round 1. 

Well pretty sure he beat him in a wrestleoff so that's not exactly a hot take

Just digging this up again.

I saw a lot of people picking Labriola to beat Starocci this year.

Can anyone explain what you saw in their respective wrestling that made you think that? I’m a PSU homer, but, to me Labriola has never been on Starocci’s level (other than Starocci’s RS year) and I expect the difference to keep growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Just digging this up again.

I saw a lot of people picking Labriola to beat Starocci this year.

Can anyone explain what you saw in their respective wrestling that made you think that? I’m a PSU homer, but, to me Labriola has never been on Starocci’s level (other than Starocci’s RS year) and I expect the difference to keep growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone think Willits was on David Carr's level?  Labriola had beaten Kemerer this year, finished 3rd last year and took Starocci to SV last year, and Starocci did not wrestle in the Nebraska dual this year.   Stranger things have happened.

But in general, I think picking him in this thread in particular had more to do with people thinking Labriola got a bad seed than it did thinking that Starocci was vulnerable.

38 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

This didn't age well lol. 

This thread was fine actually. Dean was very fortunate to get through 2 very controversial matches to make the finals. Even then, only Carr and Wick didn’t make the Finals, with both losing by 1 point and both took 3rd. This isn’t exactly the type of thread where you can make an easy pick…

24 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

This thread was fine actually. Dean was very fortunate to get through 2 very controversial matches to make the finals. Even then, only Carr and Wick didn’t make the Finals, with both losing by 1 point and both took 3rd. This isn’t exactly the type of thread where you can make an easy pick…

Well technically it didn’t age well because no one would have picked Carr.  But yeah, I wasn’t saying Dean would lose before the quarters, but he was definitely the most likely to.

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well technically it didn’t age well because no one would have picked Carr.  But yeah, I wasn’t saying Dean would lose before the quarters, but he was definitely the most likely to.

I get your technical perspective, but I was simply responding to a poster that has already stated he bleeds blue and white. His post was to blast anyone and everyone that even considered a PSU guy could lose and Dean was the one most picked to do so. 

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I get your technical perspective, but I was simply responding to a poster that has already stated he bleeds blue and white. His post was to blast anyone and everyone that even considered a PSU guy could lose and Dean was the one most picked to do so. 

Except Dean didn't actually lose. At all. He won the national championship. Anything else, hater?

Edited by Joe1288

22 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

Except Dean didn't actually lose. At all. He won the national championship. Anything else, hater?

... but he was definitely the most likely to. He had a loss to Caffey in the year. Why you getting so defensive?

Edited by Drake_Mallard

25 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

Hater? Lol. I literally said he was the one PSU wrestler I fully rooted for. His dad was a great guy to me.

But, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the most likely 1 seed to lose, nor does it mean he didn’t win two very controversial matches to get to the Finals. 

To help you with things, saying something didn’t age well usually comes when the prediction was way off. Meaning Dean pinned his way to the Finals, or at least was never in any real danger of losing. When you have two reviews decide 2 different matches that type of argument doesn’t really work. 

15 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Hater? Lol. I literally said he was the one PSU wrestler I fully rooted for. His dad was a great guy to me.

But, that doesn’t mean he wasn’t the most likely 1 seed to lose, nor does it mean he didn’t win two very controversial matches to get to the Finals. 

To help you with things, saying something didn’t age well usually comes when the prediction was way off. Meaning Dean pinned his way to the Finals, or at least was never in any real danger of losing. When you have two reviews decide 2 different matches that type of argument doesn’t really work. 

"I'm not a hater but I only root for one guy on an entire team".  Lmao.

15 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

... but he was definitely the most likely to. He had a loss to Caffey in the year. Why you getting so defensive?

I'm not. I'm pointing out facts. Max Dean did not lose. Fact. 

19 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

"I'm not a hater but I only root for one guy on an entire team".  Lmao.

How many guys on how many different teams are you supposed to root for exactly?  Are you a hater of every other team than PSU since you root so hard for them?

15 hours ago, Drake_Mallard said:

PSU fans were not worried about the Caffey match.  But the DePrez match looked like a death trap.

24 minutes ago, Joe1288 said:

I'm not. I'm pointing out facts. Max Dean did not lose. Fact. 

Yes. Fact. But even as homers we can admit going into the tournament Dean looked like the most susceptible #1 seed to lose early