jeffrideal

Ohio State????

WTF is up with the Bucks.  Smith just went down.  None of the guys looked good today.  In 3 weight classes, transfer Buckeyes out seeded current Buckeyes.  Time for a change at the top?   They have a beast of a class coming in, but how many of those guys are going to change their minds?  Just disappointing. 

10 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

WTF is up with the Bucks.  Smith just went down.  None of the guys looked good today.  In 3 weight classes, transfer Buckeyes out seeded current Buckeyes.  Time for a change at the top?   They have a beast of a class coming in, but how many of those guys are going to change their minds?  Just disappointing. 

Monster class hasn't hit the mats yet. Might pull a Kerkvliet and take their talents elsewhere. 

37 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

Who are the guys? I know Gas Tank but who else? 

2 minutes ago, vegetable lasagna said:

Sky’s not falling, yet. Their matches have all gone as expected except smith and Hoffman... and they canceled each other out 

Heinselman was seeded 12 and lost to the 21st seed.  I do get that LaMont was probably seeded too low, but still Heinselman lost to a lower seeded guy. 

5 out of their 8 won their first match… Heinselman lost to Taylor lamount who was a AA last year, D’Emilio lost to Kinner who is great on top and the match was tied before that TD and rideout…. The only surprise loss was smith, and Hoffman beat Sloan which was a great win…. No change at the top needed, they’ll be fine in the future 

36 minutes ago, RandolphJones said:

Par goes the course for Ohio State. 2 big wins at the end by Hoffman and Orndorff. Lets see what @jeffrideal can cause a stir about now. 

Not causing a stir, but does Sasso or Kharchla look good or have they regressed?   Maybe Kharchla is a 174 and cutting too much weight?  They just don't look good and I see very little improvement for anyone on the roster.  But maybe you just wear your scarlet colored glasses and cannot take any criticism of the Buckeyes. 

No, I don't think Sasso or Kharchla look particularly good.  I am hoping things look differently as the tournament progresses but, at this point, would agree with the comments that tOSU does not look to be peaking in March which is not the norm.

1 hour ago, jeffrideal said:

Wasn't a great round.  If Smith wins it goes unnoticed.  Since he lost one of the dumber matches that you'll see at an NCAA tournament, you're talking about it.  

Calling for a change at the top is one of the dumber things you could parrot.  

18 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Wasn't a great round.  If Smith wins it goes unnoticed.  Since he lost one of the dumber matches that you'll see at an NCAA tournament, you're talking about it.  

Calling for a change at the top is one of the dumber things you could parrot.  

Hi Coach Ryan

2 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

This is an overreaction.  They have some big scorers in Karchla, Sasso, and Romero.  If the big time recruiting class fails to develop in the next 2 years, then maybe there's some cause for concern. 

2 minutes ago, Better Call Stall said:

That's true, good to have in the room though. I think he still has 4 years of eligibility left if he can get his personal life in order.

Needs to work on his mat wrestling, and will never start there with Mendes and Bouzakis coming in.  Should transfer out and get a fresh start somewhere else.

Kinner was the higher seed.

Lamont was better than Heinselman...anyone that has watched them both knows that.

Ethan loss was bad yes...but Hoffman also beat a much higher seeds.

Nothing is wrong with the Buckeyes...I could make similar Chicken Sh1ttle statements about PSU and Iowa today.... but I won't because I know that would be premature stupidity.

Edited by DocBZ