Jimmy Cinnabon

NCAA - the team with the best 1st round

Actually isn't Penn State, Iowa or Michigan....

I'd say it's NC State!  They are tied for 3rd with 11 points, however their maximum potential points is 283 which is only 0.5 points behind Iowa.  They have all 10 wrestlers still alive, with 6 in the championship bracket.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I'd say it's NC State!  They are tied for 3rd with 11 points, however their maximum potential points is 283 which is only 0.5 points behind Iowa.  They have all 10 wrestlers still alive, with 6 in the championship bracket.

Nope. PSU based on bonus points and wrestled to within 1.5 of expectations prior to bonus points. 

All 10 alive? Has to be the dumbest thing you have written yet.

Oklahoma State will start its Stealth Attack this next round as they blow away everyone in the race to the Title!

In reality John Smith needs to retire and go into announcing matches. His insights and commentary is well done and his approach welcome as he 'coaches' from the mike and questions what happens on the mat.

I won't disagree about John Smith.  He is a great coach, but I think he has lost his edge in recruiting and coaching.  He is killer behind the mic.  I listened to him the whole Olympics and was really pleased with him and JB going back and forth. 

mspart

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Another silly take of yours.  The team doing the best is the one in the lead with 15.5 points after round 1.

Just now, potentiallydangerous said:

Which is more likely? :

1) The team leading after the first round wins the tournament;

2) A team not leading after the first round wins the tournament.

Nice strawman.  Look at the max potential points and how the rest of the bracket shakes out.  It's a bit more complicated than "you have a 50:50 shot a winning.  You win or you don't."

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

But NC St has 10 alive and Iowa will score 146.

You should run an analysis on how many unnecessary threads Jimmy will start during the tournament.  Chances he'll exceed 20 threads come Saturday night?

59 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Nope. PSU based on bonus points and wrestled to within 1.5 of expectations prior to bonus points. 

All 10 alive? Has to be the dumbest thing you have written yet.

I'm really digging your statistics and the data visualizations you have been sharing. Been awesome to observe how you deliver what folks want in a digestible manner to create wow and simplify + edit. And then using the statistics in a BI sense to win arguments... chef's kiss! Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Casper said:

Oklahoma State will start its Stealth Attack this next round as they blow away everyone in the race to the Title!

In reality John Smith needs to retire and go into announcing matches. His insights and commentary is well done and his approach welcome as he 'coaches' from the mike and questions what happens on the mat.

Yup. John Smith is about 10 years past his replacement date.