goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 2 Thread: Session III

4 minutes ago, Grecojones said:

If I was an athlete there I'm not sure I would want hi around. He left our program to wrestle for a powerhouse school wins like 2 matches at the big dance.... Now you're supposed to show me how to get it done.... [Pass]

Maybe Berge will get a pay decrease for not living up to his own hype. I'm glad he decided to wrestle the season doe.

Iowa fell apart like a Chinese made motorcycle. I don't think even the biggest Iowa hater could have predicted this. Good thing Brands signed a contract extension or he would be on the hot seat after this clown show. 

Kent gets a takedown and rides Venz for 2 mins in the first period. I hope he's save a bit in the gas tank.

Watching Mocco is awful.

edit: Mocco gets an ugly, ugly win.

Edited by Crotalus

Most team points by individual so far:

1 Schultz, Cohlton Arizona State 13.0
2 Woods, Real Stanford 12.5
3 Suriano, Nick Michigan 12.0
3 Bravo-Young, Roman Penn State 12.0
3 Fix, Daton Oklahoma State 12.0
3 Lee, Nick Penn State 12.0
3 Hidlay, Hayden NC State 12.0
3 Brooks, Aaron Penn State 12.0
3 Kerkvliet, Greg Penn State 12.0
10 DeSanto, Austin Iowa 11.5
10 Steveson, Gable Minnesota 11.5
12 Glory, Pat Princeton 11.0
12 Courtney, Brandon Arizona State 11.0
12 Lovett, Ridge Nebraska 11.0
12 Andonian, Bryce Virginia Tech 11.0
12 Deakin, Ryan Northwestern 11.0
12 Teemer, Jacori Arizona State 11.0
12 O`Toole, Keegan Missouri 11.0
12 Starocci, Carter Penn State 11.0
12 Massa, Logan Michigan 11.0

13 minutes ago, ppitts71 said:

During the Sanderson era, had Penn State had an All American that didn’t make the semis? 

They are one of the worst Consi wrestling teams I’ve seen. 

Had to dig all the way back to that well-in-the-past tournament of 2021.

Beard and Kerkvliet each lost in the quarters and wrestled back to 7th place.

Wasn't paying close enough attention to Kent/Venz. Looked like a scramble where Kent was awarded 2. Challenge overturned the call and gave Venz 2. Venz rode Kent the entire 3rd to erase riding time and win by 1.

9 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Iowa fell apart like a Chinese made motorcycle. I don't think even the biggest Iowa hater could have predicted this. Good thing Brands signed a contract extension or he would be on the hot seat after this clown show. 

So I guess winning a team title last year counts for nothing?  And the fact that most of his wrestlers where hurt?  What a stupid thing to say.  

20 minutes ago, Stl said:

Is there anywhere that you can find how many points each wrestler has scored in the tournament (without having to calculate it yourself)?

Go to  Penn State Wrestling Club website (pennstatewrestlingclub.com) and they have scores by team and wrestler.

8 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Exactly what matches did they lose that they shouldn't have?

125: Ayala went 1-2 with an obvious injury and zero upper body strength.  At most he was going to score 1 point and scored .5 points.

133: DeSanto is in the semis and has looked very tough.

141:  Eierman has been wrestling on 1 leg and defaulted out of the fricking tournament.

149:  Murin is in the R12 and has looked VERY good so far.

157:  Young lost to the guy now in the semis in OT, won 2 matches and lost 5-3 to the defending NCAA Champ.

165:  Marinelli is the ONE guy that lost that there is no legit reason for it.

174:  Kemerer wrestled a monster with similar upper body strength as Ayala.

184:  Assad went 1-2 and went to OT with a guy that SMASHED him a couple of weeks ago.

197:  Warner is in the semis.

285:  Cass is wrestling on about 1.5 legs and couldn't quite get it done against a 3x AA.

So, other than Marinelli, who with any semblance of a brain couldn't see the above results if you actually paid attention?

2 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

So I guess winning a team title last year counts for nothing?  And the fact that most of his wrestlers where hurt?  What a stupid thing to say.  

Injuries happen but this is ridiculous. Some of these guys need a walker or something to even go out there. 

Just now, portajohn said:

Has anyone mentioned that this might be the first time since 1974 that Iowa doesn't have a finalist.  

Don't know that yet.  2 guys in the semis,  both have tough matches

Just now, portajohn said:

Has anyone mentioned that this might be the first time since 1974 that Iowa doesn't have a finalist.  

Pretty sure, until the semis are over, the same thing has and could be said since 1974...

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Nope.  They went back quite a bit to when the exchange was near the edge of the mat.  Gave 2 to Dean and put Deprez on bottom.  It was OVER at that point.

Exactly.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a wrestler so blatantly be given a match.  Disgusting.

Just now, MSU158 said:

Pretty sure, until the semis are over, the same thing has and could be said since 1974...

But not nearly the weight. Though I do think ADS is hiding something and I think he'll suprise RBY and pull an upset. Still a real possibility of Iowa getting 0 to the finals. Crazy. 

2 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Injuries happen but this is ridiculous. Some of these guys need a walker or something to even go out there. 

From the past to the present, it seems apparent that Brands is more than willing to risk the health of his wrestlers to bring home some hardware.

Edited by KCMO2