Jimmy Cinnabon

Who got jobbed the worst so far?

Nominees:

1. Chad Red losing in OT to Rivera on a pushout stall call

2. Jay Aiello losing to Dean because he wasn't awarded what should have been 2 NF

3. Eierman not getting the danger rule takedown in OT vs Clarke

I vote for Chad Red - you just don't decide an OT match on a stall call like that.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

Is there an easy way to see the Dean-Aiello match? 

It sounds much worse than the Red-Rivera match b/c Rivera still could have won without that call. Had Aiello been awarded back points, the match would have been over, right?

To answer my own question, the match is on Youtube: 

Edited by NJDan
add youtube

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Is there an easy way to see the Dean-Aiello match? 

It sounds much worse than the Red-Rivera match b/c Rivera still could have won without that call. Had Aiello been awarded back points, the match would have been over, right?

To answer my own question, the match is on Youtube: 

No, even if Aiello got the back points there was still another period to wrestle.  It wasn't a sudden victory situation.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

No, even if Aiello got the back points there was still another period to wrestle.  It wasn't a sudden victory situation.

Right, I see that now. Also it's not clear that Aiello deserved back points. Dean was flopping around, never solidly on his back. It's at about 9:10 of the video.

2 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

It's 6-4 if he gets the back points at 6:32 in the video

No, the final score was 4-2. It would have been 4-4 if back points were awarded (and nothing else changed).

Just now, NJDan said:

No, the final score was 4-2. It would have been 4-4 if back points were awarded (and nothing else changed).

If it's 2 & 2 on the exchange later then it's 6-4. Seems like Dean was in the danger position in the 3rd for at least 3 seconds without breaking free and was put there by Aiello. It's only after that that Dean manages to gain position

There is no question that the back points at 6:32 were missed. That's 2 all day if the ref is in the right spot

4 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

If it's 2 & 2 on the exchange later then it's 6-4. Seems like Dean was in the danger position in the 3rd for at least 3 seconds without breaking free and was put there by Aiello. It's only after that that Dean manages to gain position

There is no question that the back points at 6:32 were missed. That's 2 all day if the ref is in the right spot

It wouldn't be 2 and 2 because Aielllo started on top.  It would just be 2 NF, if anything.  Not 2 TD, 2 NF.

Fortune has smiled on Dean so far.

He survived Aiello. And the only guy who beat him this season (Caffey) was in his quarter, but lost. Now, if Dean gets by #8 Deprez in the quarterfinals, he has the winner of #21 and #13 (instead of the winner of #4 and #5).

Of course every match at this stage will be tough

Edited by Katie

If anyone says anything besides, you're simply biased against a specific team. Red got pushed out, not running out. That was brutal. That literally ended the match, after that call. 

I'm not a Nebraska guy by any means, but I was pissed on that call. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It wouldn't be 2 and 2 because Aielllo started on top.  It would just be 2 NF, if anything.  Not 2 TD, 2 NF.

There are two different points where he got jobbed. 6:32 & 9:39. The first is the missed NF and the second is the 2 & 2 scenario. Try to keep up Jimmy

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Red, for me.

What has the world come to that I find myself agreeing with Jimmy? I need to re-evaluate the choices I have made to get to this point. Big changes are coming.

Do you think the ref porgot about the previous stall call?

16 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

Do you think if he did, that if he had realized it was the 2nd, he would change his call?  That's the kind of subjectivity that should not be made.  You either make the call or you don't, and actually the way the rule is, it was the right call.  I don't like that the match ended that way just as I am sure most don't, but I do give credit that the call was made no matter what the scenario was.  It sucks that a match of that magnitude was decided that way, but if it wasn't, that would negate the entire point of the rule in the first place.  Can't pick and choose when to make calls because of the magnitude of the match.  The call is the call.

17 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

No. He was pretty instant with the call. That one was right in front of us. That corner of the stadium just rained boos on the ref.

That said, I don't think Red is faultless. At the end of regulation he fails to get off the leg, when it appeared to me that he easily could have lifted his left hand above the waste. He just doesn't move the hand and gives up the stall point that sent it to SV. Maybe Rivera was smart and was holding the wrist so Red couldn't move it, hard to tell from my angle live. But for me, that is the one that Red is at fault for.

32 minutes ago, Pennsy Kraken said:

There are two different points where he got jobbed. 6:32 & 9:39. The first is the missed NF and the second is the 2 & 2 scenario. Try to keep up Jimmy

You think he was on his back for a 2-count at 6:32? I don't. Not sure Dean was on his back at all as Aiello was underneath him.

Red/Rivera, and its not close.

That's not even counting the stall call that sent the match into OT.

If you haven't seen the sequence that decided that match -- from the start of OT to the stall call -- you should.  Its atrocious. 

It couldn't have been more than 20 seconds in, and Red had been attempting to score.

Just now, BAC said:

Red/Rivera, and its not close.

That's not even counting the stall call that sent the match into OT.

If you haven't seen the sequence that decided that match -- from the start of OT to the stall call -- you should.  Its atrocious. 

It couldn't have been more than 20 seconds in, and Red had been attempting to score.

Attempting to score earlier has nothing to do with the OOB rules. You're required to try and circle back in bounds and Red didn't even pretend to and just went straight backwards.