Jimmy Cinnabon

Michigan will clinch before the finals

Semis will be wild. I have Michigan heavily favored with 3 of their 5 Semi Finalists. 

Penn State is in a dog fight in ever semi match!

RBY/DeSanto

Lee/Woods

Starocci/Hidlay

Brooks/Hidlay

Dean/Hoffman

Kerk/Steveson

Ordinarily, I’d say Dean is the most heavily favored, but not with the way he’s been wrestling. 

Out of those 6 matches, 8 wrestlers have wrestled in the finals before. 

Penn State could lose every single semi tonight. 

I think ADS takes out RBY.

Lee probably wins.

Starr wins.

I think Trent Hidlay gets revenge

Dean should have lost 2 rounds ago, Hoffman takes him out.

Kerk loses obviously

PSU goes 2/6 in the semis.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Penn State could lose every single semi tonight. 

I think ADS takes out RBY.

Lee probably wins.

Starr wins.

I think Trent Hidlay gets revenge

Dean should have lost 2 rounds ago, Hoffman takes him out.

Kerk loses obviously

PSU goes 2/6 in the semis.

It won’t be a walk in the park for Lee. Woods has won his first three matches by major, major, and tech. Further, his only loss of the year was by pin to Willits, but then he came back and majored Willits next time they met.

Also, Dean wrestled Hoffman earlier this year, and won in SV-1. Close match.

Penn State is in for some real battles in the semis. 

Edited by Katie

1 minute ago, drag it said:

Calm down.  Penn State laying an egg on Friday night?  With four national champions on the mat?  And no visible significant injuries?  I'll believe it when I see it.  And then I probably still won't believe it.

Parity is the name of the game.

RBY (50%), Brooks (50%), Dean (75%) and Kerkvliet (99%) are all going down.

59 minutes ago, ppitts71 said:

Semis will be wild. I have Michigan heavily favored with 3 of their 5 Semi Finalists. 

Penn State is in a dog fight in ever semi match!

RBY/DeSanto

Lee/Woods

Starocci/Hidlay

Brooks/Hidlay

Dean/Hoffman

Kerk/Steveson

Ordinarily, I’d say Dean is the most heavily favored, but not with the way he’s been wrestling. 

Out of those 6 matches, 8 wrestlers have wrestled in the finals before. 

Of course they’re dogfights, it’s the semis. “Heavily favored” in THREE matches? I can see Suriano and Amine definitely being favorites, what’s the other one? Penn State’s still in better position to score more in the semis, AND they’re up by 10.5. You guys have absolutely lost it.

And Jimmy, if PSU goes 2/6 and Um goes 3/5, that’s not prime position. It’d make things more interesting for sure, but Mich probably needs to win all three blood round matches, but then Penn State would score more tomorrow. I’m not saying Michigan doesn’t have a chance, but it’s still fairly small.

You two are silly.

Of course they’re dogfights, it’s the semis. “Heavily favored” in THREE matches? I can see Suriano and Amine definitely being favorites, what’s the other one? Penn State’s still in better position to score more in the semis, AND they’re up by 10.5. You guys have absolutely lost it.

And Jimmy, if PSU goes 2/6 and Um goes 3/5, that’s not prime position. It’d make things more interesting for sure, but Mich probably needs to win all three blood round matches, but then Penn State would score more tomorrow. I’m not saying Michigan doesn’t have a chance, but it’s still fairly small.

You two are silly.

Easy to say when you’re gifted Dean in the semis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

Easy to say when you’re gifted Dean in the semis

You can say the same about Lewan getting gifted to the semis because the Ref screwed Carr in the Willits match.

30 minutes ago, drag it said:

Calm down.  Penn State laying an egg on Friday night?  With four national champions on the mat?  And no visible significant injuries?  I'll believe it when I see it.  And then I probably still won't believe it.

PSU is your father's Iowa

3 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

PSU is your father's Iowa

So you're saying that Cael quietly mesmerizing the ref with whatever argument he made about how his guy was really behind the other guy who had his leg is the 21st century version of Gable wild-eyed banging his crutch on the floor and screaming for a call?  If so you would be 100% correct.  I just don't know if he wants to coach at PSU for 21 years.  

Cinnamon Bun's predictions are typically akin to shooting a BB gun into the heavens with the hope of taking down a passing fighter jet ... or even a low flying butterfly.

They rarely hit anything.  And then he ducks the consequences.  And  conveniently forgets his losing percentage.

He rarely gets things right but he keeps right on trying.  And hopes the rest of us will forget the results.

He claims to be a PSU fan but is always looking for ways they might conceivably lose.

What kind of schizophrenia or bipolar posting is going on?

You can say the same about Lewan getting gifted to the semis because the Ref screwed Carr in the Willits match.

Michigan and Lewan had nothing to do with Carrs match, did they benefit from it? Of course but they didn’t directly get 2 matches and the placement points of Dean given to them. Even someone wearing PSU blinders has to see that.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

My Iowa prediction was a flop.  Apparently 8 years of college wrestling takes a toll on one's body.

Michigan will clinch the team title before Saturday night.  They are just wrestling out of their minds. 

Your every prediction is a flop.

6 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

It’s easy to say Michigan has a slim chance when you are gifted the placement points of Dean

Ok. Well if we’re just dealing with logic/reason and the ability to count, that has nothing to do with the current situation. 
If you want to include emotion and hypotheticals, I would say two of Michigan’s guys have also caught some incredible breaks. But yeah, doesn’t mean anything does it?

I think DeSanto is too dumb to beat RBY. RBY has beaten him 4 or 5 times in a row since 2 early losses to DeSanto. PSU wins the NCAA title this year.  Kerkvliet won't beat Steveson, obviously. All PSUs finalists except Dean will win, if Dean makes the finals. . 

Edited by Hufarted

Ok. Well if we’re just dealing with logic/reason and the ability to count, that has nothing to do with the current situation. 
If you want to include emotion and hypotheticals, I would say two of Michigan’s guys have also caught some incredible breaks. But yeah, doesn’t mean anything does it?

Did I say that you weren’t right that the math doesn’t add up?? No I said Dean was gifted 2 matches which makes it much less likely that Michigan can win based off favoritism for PSU.

Would I have bet on Lewan against Carr? Absolutely not. But not unheard of. Carr doesn’t look like the version he’s been all year either so who knows? The situation is much different than ref having very questionable calls going in the favor of Dean allowing him to advance not “oh Michigan is getting a break because so and so lost so their next match is perceived to be easier”