goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 2 Thread: Session IV - Semis and Bloodround

1 minute ago, Twooooo said:

He won't be, someone will beat him.  His style won't allow him to win 5 and I say he will even lose tomorrow night.

His style? Please explain, I would say his style and the control he stays in for mind and body are as good as it gets

1 minute ago, Grecojones said:

That's big points for VA Tech. Iowa needs Warner to show up to keep them in trophy contention. 

Cass likely has one more win tonight before seeing parris tomorrow am (probably at least)

3 minutes ago, Perry said:

Loved watching VA Tech coach just stare at him when he said "mekhi is very emotional" like yeah...

Yeah that was great! I was also annoyed that the cameras had to follow Mekhi everywhere and couldn’t just give him the moment 

Just now, dubs said:

His style? Please explain, I would say his style and the control he stays in for mind and body are as good as it gets

Well we can come back after he loses tomorrow night but when he wrestlers better wrestlers he sits back and doesn't get to his attacks.  He is good enough to get to the final but someone will beat him and I am saying it will come as soon as tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Grecojones said:

That's big points for VA Tech. Iowa needs Warner to show up to keep them in trophy contention. 

More than a trophy, Iowa needs Warner to keep the finalists streak alive. This is the rare "individual is bigger than the team" moment in wrestling.

13 minutes ago, boconnell said:

After Steveson puts his shoes on the mat, Starocci might be the best college wrestler in the country.

Fine, but let's be clear, Steveson isn't the biggest favorite to win tomorrow, not even on his own team.  

Just now, bnwtwg said:

More than a trophy, Iowa needs Warner to keep the finalists streak alive. This is the rare "individual is bigger than the team" moment in wrestling.

48 year streak if I'm not mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Twooooo said:

Well we can come back after he loses tomorrow night but when he wrestlers better wrestlers he sits back and doesn't get to his attacks.  He is good enough to get to the final but someone will beat him and I am saying it will come as soon as tomorrow night.

We can, not necessary at all though. He may well lose, Lewis is really good. But because of his style? That’s a ridiculous thing to say. These guys are so good and closely matched at this point that there’s all some reserve and sitting back at some points. His style is as good as it gets.

4 minutes ago, pipewrench said:

Convo on Matcast if far better than main coverage.   I haven't had to play jim gibbons laces up bingo all night.  

It'd be perfect if they got rid of Sparks.