goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 2 Thread: Session IV - Semis and Bloodround

1 minute ago, goStanford18 said:

only caught part of it. Paraphrasing, someone can correct me. 

Interviewer asked Yianni how he scored through Sasso's stout defense. Yianni said cause he's better. Then Yianni said he wasn't happy with how he wrestled. Then something about having some nuts. 

thanks! (i'm out of reactions)

It's probably on social media by now but: Quint tells Yianni that Sasso is a good defensive wrestler, but Yianni still won. Yianni says he won because he's the better wrestler, but he's not happy with himself. Says he wrestled like a coward, was hanging on to win, not getting on his offense, letting the environment control him. Quint asks Yianni what he needs to do to fix things and Yianni says "have some nuts" and walks off

Just now, Better Call Stall said:

It's probably on social media by now but: Quint tells Yianni that Sasso is a good defensive wrestler, but Yianni still won. Yianni says he won because he's the better wrestler, but he's not happy with himself. Says he wrestled like a coward, was hanging on to win, not getting on his offense, letting the environment control him. Quint asks Yianni what he needs to do to fix things and Yianni says "have some nuts" and walks off

hmm that sounds fine to me honestly.  doesn't offend me and I like Sasso

GrecoJones, I don't believe any male competitor is concerned about this issue. The horrifically sad truth, though, is that the people yelling the loudest, AS WELL THEY SHOULD, for womens wrestling, are publicly MUTE on the trans problem poisoning womens athletics. As I believe this is a thread concerning the MENS NCAA Tournament, perhaps this discussion can be tabled. For now.

5 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Sorry guys I had to take a massive piss.  What did Yianni say?

I'll only comment on the last half :-)

Yianni was basically saying he was really upset because he only won because he was a better wrestler, but really was only wrestling to protect his lead and wrestled like a wuss instead of getting after his offense like he should have been doing. And that he needed to grow (maybe get?) some nuts to fix the problem.

Sounds like a guy who seriously has his sights set on the Hodge next year.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

GrecoJones, I don't believe any male competitor is concerned about this issue. The horrifically sad truth, though, is that the people yelling the loudest, AS WELL THEY SHOULD, for womens wrestling, are publicly MUTE on the trans problem poisoning womens athletics. As I believe this is a thread concerning the MENS NCAA Tournament, perhaps this discussion can be tabled. For now.

This guy gets it. It's my exact point. Your're promoting woman's wrestling, which, if inertia holds, will not be participated in by our daughters at the highest levels.

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh said:

Grecojones is a hard core right wing bible thumper.....when it suits his political ideals. He is more than willing to overlook discretions that are less than ethical or immoral as long as it fits with his political ideals. Just telling you what you're arguing with.