Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Immel

Watch World Team Trials Live...

on Flowrestling!

Here is the link to watch if you cant make it to stillwater

http://live.flowrestling.org/2013-World-Team-Trials-250697/live.html?ref=74kgreleasewtt2013

This should be a great event so spread the word and be sure to tune in and watch some of the best wrestlers on the planet compete for a world team spot!

Predictions anyone??

Having to pay is not the real problem but having slow connections with no option is.

Given lead time I can send a check or MO for payment.

But, rural location near Canada with no faster options makes it something not worth the effort. I hate paying for what I can't use.

Did they ever fix that unstoppable reoccurring billing thingie?

I am now getting emails from flo informing me that they are unable to renew my subscription because the card associated with the account is no longer valid. I had to close it out altogether in order to avoid being billed every month for a service I cancelled back in November. I'd be careful with signing up with them.

Did they ever fix that unstoppable reoccurring billing thingie?

I am now getting emails from flo informing me that they are unable to renew my subscription because the card associated with the account is no longer valid. I had to close it out altogether in order to avoid being billed every month for a service I cancelled back in November. I'd be careful with signing up with them.

These items is why I wish they also had a Pay Per Event Option. The hassle with monthly subscription and there auto-roll over has actually caused me to not pay for a few events I would have watched otherwise, probably including the WTT. I'm not sure when that issues would become big enough for them to consider a different pay model, especially for live content. Sure it may cost a little bit to make it worth their while (compared to each events worth as a part of the total package), but at least they and I would know it was just for that event only. Or at least automatically cancel all Monty subscriptions after 30days, unless manually re-entered.

In a perfect world I'd like to see all live events as one package and all additional services (technique wave, Flo Insider, etc.) as the monthly or yearly subscription deal. But, at least they have started to comprise more content. Just be nice to see the billing issues overhauled since the live event coverage causes some people to sign up for certain months only.

Count me in as one of those individuals not wanting to pay to watch wrestling. Frankly after getting laid off from my job I just don't have the money to pay a website for streaming. And after reading some of the warning signs for signing up with flo i dont want to risk it. I love wrestling, I just wish you could watch it on TV somewhere

The sport needs more fans for support and its not going to get more fans by being locked up on an internet pay site. Try EspnU or 2 or any channel to spark the interest/support of an everyday viewer.

I guess I will have to follow along on the message boards/trackwrestling until the day I'm told to pay them money aswell.

Money money money

Count me in as one of those individuals not wanting to pay to watch wrestling. Frankly after getting laid off from my job I just don't have the money to pay a website for streaming. And after reading some of the warning signs for signing up with flo i dont want to risk it. I love wrestling, I just wish you could watch it on TV somewhere

The sport needs more fans for support and its not going to get more fans by being locked up on an internet pay site. Try EspnU or 2 or any channel to spark the interest/support of an everyday viewer.

I guess I will have to follow along on the message boards/trackwrestling until the day I'm told to pay them money aswell.

Money money money

Covering costs. You also pay for cable.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but you have to remember, the operation doesn't come too cheap.

I knew that would get mentioned. I got rid of my cable 2 weeks after I got laid off after reviewing my budget. But I got laid off, I'm not dead. I can find places that have cable. It was just an example. How about regular tv then?

You weren't being confrontational but you chose 1 thing in my post that you could use against me/confront me about. Hey Jason you are a really nice guy but that was a Douchey reponse. You Like my backhanded compliment?

"Covering costs" = money money money

Get some sponsors, get some support. How much do you need to cover your costs? 10,000? 20,000? Hey, you need a marketing director? I could use a job. As many of celebrities that were in LA you think that they could come up with some money. Billy Baldwin, Kurt Angle, Tom Arnold, Jay Mohr etc. wouldn't be willing to help? Sure they would. Try harder.

In a year that international wrestling needs the most public support it has ever needed, the public has to sign up and pay on a locked down internet site (that has been considered sketchy with sign up/monthly fees) just to view the most anticipated westling event the USA has to offer, the trials. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels there could be a better way to showcase America's best athlete's this June.

If you have concerns about Flo's billing process just go to the gas station or Wal-Mart and get a $20 prepaid card and sign up for the month to month. You won't have to worry about a debit or credit card being continually billed.

Has this worked multiple times? Sounds good in theory, but I'm thinking a card not working and no cancelation may get your account blocked at some point. I still think a far system would automatically end accounts at 30days, unless you re-up, if you subscribe to monthly service. But, that's not in there current plans I guess. I hope that changes since I'd gladly buy a few live events per year if the process was improved.

And people wonder why our sport may be in trouble....b#$2% and moan. Man you guys are rediculous.

Most of the last serveral comments have been over billing issues not a product quality or coverage issue. What does getting a fair hassle free billing service have to do with "why our sport may be in trouble?" Other than its costing Flo money in paid clients. If you are making your comments about this being b#$1%ing and moaning, then you haven't had to deal with this monthly billing and cancelation issues. Congratulations for not having this hassle by getting lucky or by not ever signing up for it to start with. Either way the problem doesn't relate to helping "the cause" and thus you shouldn't make such comments at those who have had this problem (myself on two occasions). Again my hope is in the future this process gets revamped, maybe it has been recently and we have just not heard enough of it yet. My hope is to try again, but not at this juncture.

WildTurkey, why are you passing the buck to Flo to "try harder" and get everything sponsored so it can be free for you?

They are the ones who are there filming and offering the streaming. Being laid off and on a budget is unfortunate and I feel for you, but that doesn't mean that Flo should make their product totally free.It's not free for them to produce it.

I can understand being wary recurring payment issues that have happened. But for everyone to just piss and moan cause they have to pay a few buck to watch something. How cheap are you guys?

WildTurkey, why are you passing the buck to Flo to "try harder" and get everything sponsored so it can be free for you?

They are the ones who are there filming and offering the streaming. Being laid off and on a budget is unfortunate and I feel for you, but that doesn't mean that Flo should make their product totally free.It's not free for them to produce it.

I can understand being wary recurring payment issues that have happened. But for everyone to just piss and moan cause they have to pay a few buck to watch something. How cheap are you guys?[/quote The only way to watch the Trials is on a website that you have to pay. I'm saying it shouldn't be that way. Try harder to get some sponsors and get it on TV or a free live stream. Its hard to get fan support for wrestling when they can't even view the product. When you are laid off and have a family to support it becomes quite easy to be cheap.

Some of these complaints are warranted, those who've experienced billing issues do not deserve such treatment. We've recently overhauled, among other things, our support workflow so subscribers should be able to get the help they need. If you need help, you can contact us: at support@flocasts.zendesk.com

HERE'S WHAT I CAN TELL YOU: Flowrestling will be putting together our greatest coverage ever for World Team Trials 2013. We've put plenty of resources and mind share behind this event, and we can guarantee that those who've Flo Pro subscriptions will get a top notch product -the best of the best.

As far as reoccurring billing goes...well, it's the industry standard. Your cable/internet bill is reoccurring, netflix billing is reoccurring, BigTenNetwork billing is reoccurring...I could go on and on.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS THE BEST WRESTLING EVENT OF THE SUMMER LIVE. You'll regret it.

Some of these complaints are warranted, those who've experienced billing issues do not deserve such treatment. We've recently overhauled, among other things, our support workflow so subscribers should be able to get the help they need. If you need help, you can contact us: at support@flocasts.zendesk.com

Appreciate some attention being put into solving the issue.

As far as reoccurring billing goes...well, it's the industry standard. Your cable/internet bill is reoccurring, netflix billing is reoccurring, BigTenNetwork billing is reoccurring...I could go on and on.

Well since we need to go this route. Nick your original service model was not set up anywhere near what these other mentioned services have currently. First most, don't have a tab just labeled monthly subscription you sign up for their service with the information that its continuous with some also offering a discount contract for a longer period of time. Then when you decide to end your subscription these other products have a very clearly defined and easy process and the subscription immediately ends without further billing issues. Some even pro-rate their bills accordingly, but hey that's not even a concern here.

When you label a option monthly subscription that infers you are paying for the month (or at least a month of time) or it would clearly be labeled a continues service with a discount yearly contract option on the side. It would be very clearly labeled and before payment previewed exactly what specially a person is saying for service wise or subscription length wise to avoid confusion. When my original subscription ends I usually get a curtsey e-mail (in some cases letter) explaining this as I would expect when something is labeled a monthly subscription. When a person goes to cancel the subscription it should be easily to find, complete, and ensure it done in a timely manner so that the subscription is canceled before another months fee's are incurred. When that doesn't occur the follow up contact should also be easy to locate, and the problem should be solved without additional time or hassle....Is that going on and on enough with my or other people previous billing problems.

These are the issue I do hope were addressed above, since that have been brought of by a few different people both with Flo and on other wrestling forums. Nothing to do with the product, just the billing and subscription hassle over last few years which has become the only major reason several people have decided to not try your product again. Like I said I hope its an improved service as Flo has matured as a business.

I'll pass on subscription based viewing. I'll wait until a better product is offered, in terms of single event ppv.

I'll catch some coverage comments here and wait until something turns up on youtube, if it is a great match.

I agree with JB's comment re: "covering costs". From a business perspective I disagree with the pricing. $20/event is a little high from a market value perspective. Lower the pricing to $5 and quadrupal the viewers while merely doubling the operating expenses while at the same time increasing advertising revenue could be a win/win for our sport by getting more viewers involved with an event, buying more products from sponsors, while at the same time increasing the profit margin for the company covering the event and help the sponsors sell more products.