Jump to content
goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 3 Thread: Session V - Consolation Semis + Medal Matches

Recommended Posts

Agreed he always looks slick the first period then goes into defense mode for 2nd and 3rd periods against equal or superior opponents. Begrudgingly, I think he would take The Leap if he went to the PSU room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bnwtwg said:

Agreed he always looks slick the first period then goes into defense mode for 2nd and 3rd periods against equal or superior opponents. Begrudgingly, I think he would take The Leap if he went to the PSU room.

Idk Berge was in that room for 5 years and never trusted his shot against top guys , it might help woods but some guys just are who they are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Idk Berge was in that room for 5 years and never trusted his shot against top guys , it might help woods but some guys just are who they are 

That's a brutally good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I really like Rock Harrison.  He's got a little Gus Johnson over excitement in a good way.  And very knowledgeable.  Works well with Cox too.

We've been spoiled in recent years with good commentary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized this while watching and thinking back to past UNC performances. Coleman Scott must love when his guys get 15 seeds. Kennedy Monday took out 2 seed Joey Lavallee a few years back, Chip Ness took out 2 seed Shakur Rasheed in 2019, and this year Clarke got Eierman. 15 seeds are UNCs bread and butter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Better Call Stall said:

Rock has been great, does a nice job on the ACC matches too

I assume doing this all season makes him better.  He's not just showing up to call wrestling at NCAAs.  I might have to tune in to more ACC action next year.  Their wrestlers have looked great and he's a very good announcer.  And ESPN+ is excellent.  And Coleman Scott is one of my all-time favorites.  Maybe I just talked myself into rooting for UNC next year while typing this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boconnell said:

I assume doing this all season makes him better.  He's not just showing up to call wrestling at NCAAs.  I might have to tune in to more ACC action next year.  Their wrestlers have looked great and he's a very good announcer.  And ESPN+ is excellent.  And Coleman Scott is one of my all-time favorites.  Maybe I just talked myself into rooting for UNC next year while typing this post.

Welcome, friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...