goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 3 Thread: Session V - Consolation Semis + Medal Matches

That's absolutely 2 for Keckeisen.  He has both ankles before the table comes into play.  Plus you can't reward Hidlay for hiding on the edge.

What are these refs looking at? That was 2 all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, boconnell said:

Hidlay went straight to the edge repeatedly.  But the ref didn't call it earlier like he should have so now he's afraid to call it now when Hidlay refuses to wrestle.

That’s how he wrestles against any of the top guys and never gets hit, done it twice against brooks , last year ncaas Poz must have taken 12 shots in the 3rd period but Hidley just stayed 50 percent out of bounds the entire time 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

That’s how he wrestles against any of the top guys and never gets hit, done it twice against brooks , last year ncaas Poz must have taken 12 shots in the 3rd period but Hidley just stayed 50 percent out of bounds the entire time 

The going straight out of bounds stall is a good rule as an addition.  But refs treat it like it replaced all other forms of neutral stalling.  They never call a guy for hanging out on the edge anymore.

1 minute ago, boconnell said:

The going straight out of bounds stall is a good rule as an addition.  But refs treat it like it replaced all other forms of neutral stalling.  They never call a guy for hanging out on the edge anymore.

Definitely 10-15 years ago if you were hanging on the edge you were definitely getting hit ( I know from experience lol) it’s frustrating to watch guys do that now with no consequences 

25 minutes ago, Broomstick said:

Why didn't  Hayden Hidlay go 165 this year?

5+ years of sucking weight. I'll argue his going for 3rd/4th is easily the equal if not better than his results would have been at 165 given the weight cut for that class. a 2 weight class bump for an elite wrestler late in his career is somewhat rare but....Jordan Kutler at Lehigh, Austin Gomez, Jordan Oliver....

19 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I assume doing this all season makes him better.  He's not just showing up to call wrestling at NCAAs.  I might have to tune in to more ACC action next year.  Their wrestlers have looked great and he's a very good announcer.  And ESPN+ is excellent.  And Coleman Scott is one of my all-time favorites.  Maybe I just talked myself into rooting for UNC next year while typing this post.

Not a bad idea at all! The ACC is busting moves all over the weight class landscape. For six schools they brought 40 to the dance and grabbed medals all over.