Ragu

Is this the worst reffed tournament we've seen?

Is this the worst reffed tournament we've seen?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Reviews are taking forever and we're seeing no-calls and bad calls everywhere

• Yes
    • No

Reviews are taking longer than ever, often producing a bad call, constant no calls, every ref has a different definition of back swipes, complete nonsense all-around

10 minutes ago, ImNotSmart said:

In my almost 40 years of watching this I think it’s the worst. There have just been some HUGE bad calls that cost guys, example Chad red. 

Chad red won a match off of bad stall calls in his favor and lost based on a stall call that was justifiable. He is not a good example of a victim of bad officiating this weekend.

21 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sounds like a bunch of you guys will be signing up at your local ref clinic to start the certification process first thing Monday. I can't wait to see you guys be the solution.

Exactly. I think the technology has led to micro-criticism of the refs.  We all have nearly as good a view as the refs, maybe sometimes better.  The review time is a problem, not the fault of the refs though.  I can't find fault with the refs during the match. 

39 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sounds like a bunch of you guys will be signing up at your local ref clinic to start the certification process first thing Monday. I can't wait to see you guys be the solution.

Lol

Plumber screws up your plumbing? Go to trade school and do it yourself.

What a stupid argument. They’re paid to do a job.

Edited by simple

I think it's as much that wrestling styles have changed a lot over the past 10 years, and the refs are caught in no-mans-land sometimes.  I watched an old video of Brands wrestling in college the other day and all you would see is shoot, shoot, shoot.  Now we have edge wrestling, fake shots, and great skills at defensive point saving (hanging onto feet and lets, etc).  Some of this leaves refs in no-win situations.  

4 minutes ago, Ragu said:

Refereeing is the most thankless job there is 

Even if that were true, whats your point? It’s a job they can quit at anytime. A choice they made. No one forced them to become refs. They’re just like anyone else who’s bad at their job. A good ref should go unnoticed. If they want to be praised and noticed, they should go do something else.

5 minutes ago, simple said:

Even if that were true, whats your point? It’s a job they can quit at anytime. A choice they made. No one forced them to become refs. They’re just like anyone else who’s bad at their job. A good ref should go unnoticed. If they want to be praised and noticed, they should go do something else.

You sound like you yell at clouds too.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Chad red won a match off of bad stall calls in his favor and lost based on a stall call that was justifiable. He is not a good example of a victim of bad officiating this weekend.

That stall call against him wasn’t even close to justifiable. And him winning based off of bad stall calls just proves my point not yours. 

7 minutes ago, ImNotSmart said:

That stall call against him wasn’t even close to justifiable. And him winning based off of bad stall calls just proves my point not yours. 

He backed straight out of bounds and didn't pretend to circle. Play with fire, get burned. I do concede there have been some bad calls, but not even close to a worst ever scenario overall.

44 minutes ago, simple said:

Lol

Plumber screws up your plumbing? Go to trade school and do it yourself.

What a stupid argument. They’re paid to do a job.

Stupid analogy. You can do your own plumbing. If your plumber screws up they can comeback and fix it.

12 minutes ago, ImNotSmart said:

That call was the absolute correct call.  The problem is some officials aren’t courageous enough to make it consistently.  That ref did

Edited by Schuteandscore

31 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Stupid analogy. You can do your own plumbing. If your plumber screws up they can comeback and fix it.

Wouldn’t them coming back to fix the problem be the Review?… but you still end up with a leak