goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 3 Thread: Session VI - Finals Thread

Just now, StallWarning said:

Don’t worry. He will be back tomorrow to ask “How many PSU national champs will repeat next year” and then we will predict none. 

Sadly, that is exactly what he will do. Total troll

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

This Gable interview is weird. He doesn’t really seem to want to be there at all when it was the perfect time to cut a promo for the WWE.

it's a sad time parting with a good pair of shoes

You could tell from his interviews leading up to the Olympics he just wants to move on. Olympics was a means to an end, his family probably convinced him a college degree was a good fallback and marketing tool in case het gets hurt or just plain old doesn't pan out in WWE. But either way, again, good for him for moving on. Who else is able to walk away literally on top of the world? And with $$$ waiting as a golden parachute?

3 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

This Gable interview is weird. He doesn’t really seem to want to be there at all when it was the perfect time to cut a promo for the WWE.

Most all of the post-match interviews have been weird. Not much connection between interviewer and wrestler in most cases.

That will need to be addressed before next year.

Just now, bnwtwg said:

You could tell from his interviews leading up to the Olympics he just wants to move on. Olympics was a means to an end, his family probably convinced him a college degree was a good fallback and marketing tool in case het gets hurt or just plain old doesn't pan out in WWE. But either way, again, good for him for moving on. Who else is able to walk away literally on top of the world? And with $$$ waiting as a golden parachute?

Cael, Tom Brands, Henry Cejudo.

5 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Gable is probably the greatest athlete USA wrestling has ever seen and probably the best athlete to ever enter WWE…but he never really cuts good WWE promos or is great on the mic. I wonder how WWE handles it-maybe some acting coaches or they go with the silent Lesnar persona. 

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Cael, Tom Brands, Henry Cejudo.

Cael would be the closest and even he was an assistant after the Wheaties money dried up. Brands grinded as an assistant before being shown the door at Iowa. Cejudo faded real quick. All three eventually ascended to the top but none had millions before they left their shoes on the mat. Gable is definitely different in that regard.

Gable is probably the greatest athlete USA wrestling has ever seen and probably the best athlete to ever enter WWE…but he never really cuts good WWE promos or is great on the mic. I wonder how WWE handles it-maybe some acting coaches or they go with the silent Lesnar persona. 

Is he really the best athlete ever or is he just the most gifted hwt ever? I’m a Gable fan and think he’s phenomenal especially at such a young age but I’m not sure I’d call him the greatest athlete USA wrestling has ever produced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Most all of the post-match interviews have been weird. Not much connection between interviewer and wrestler in most cases.

That will need to be addressed before next year.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

is this your first ncaa finals??? lol

Has to be.

Immediate post-match interviews need to be stopped, banned, outlawed, punishable via tar and feather.

Give them a bout to cool off then between the next matches talk to them. Maybe a little prep. Review a clip with them.

Anything but the step off the mat, hug coaches, family, Idiot Quint in your face.

1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

Is he really the best athlete ever or is he just the most gifted hwt ever? I’m a Gable fan and think he’s phenomenal especially at such a young age but I’m not sure I’d call him the greatest athlete USA wrestling has ever produced.

I say that because he was an Olympic champ at such a young age, keeps perfect positioning, is explosive, and can hit a freaking backflip at 260 pounds. If there is a better athlete, I haven’t seen him. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

I say that because he was an Olympic champ at such a young age, keeps perfect positioning, is explosive, and can hit a freaking backflip at 260 pounds. If there is a better athlete, I haven’t seen him. 

Fair enough, sometimes I like to argue just to argue or so my wife says.