goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 3 Thread: Session VI - Finals Thread

4 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. 

You can put it in slow mo. Take a photo and prove it.  You've already been caught in a lie about Twitter and can't produce a link.  I'm assuming you're a mekhi fan. I feel for you. It was a tough match. But no need to create dumb conspiracy theories.  If you had the proof you could easily refute me

Edited by portajohn

1 minute ago, Creek chub said:

You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. 

It appears that Lewis' hands are grasping Star's hands.  Contact with his own arms (what would be perceived as a "clasp") looks to be because of that action, not an overt attempt at Starocci of clasping or going butterfly lock.  Starocci's hands do not grab or clutch together and he doesn't grab his forearms while Lewis is on a knee or in the down position.

Similar, but not the same, was Starocci's hand placement in last year's 174 final with Kemerer.  Iowa threw the brick looking for the clasp and 1.

Just now, Creek chub said:

I’m not gonna try and validate anything with or for you. I know what I seen. It’s that simple. Disagree if you want to. 

I'm sorry that slow mo replay is above your pay grade. I prefer facts.  Something you can't produce

6 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

Nah. I think I remember now why I quit posting or following forums. Too much drama. 

Because you cant present facts and got caught in a lie about Twitter? 

Edited by portajohn

7 minutes ago, Creek chub said:

Nah. I think I remember now why I quit posting or following forums. Too much drama. 

You’re the one creating all the drama. The burden of proof is on you here, do you have it or not? And sorry, your referee friend is not valid evidence.

He's not lying.  Here are the pics I've seen.  Are they conclusive?  Probably not.  Could it have been called?  Maybe, but it wasn't.  Time to move on.  I'm super bummed Mehki lost but proud of the effort in what I thought was the best match of the night.  Hope we get to see it again next year.  Could be a different result.

17084197_0.webp 17084197_1.webp

13 minutes ago, HokieFan said:

He's not lying.  Here are the pics I've seen.  Are they conclusive?  Probably not.  Could it have been called?  Maybe, but it wasn't.  Time to move on.  I'm super bummed Mehki lost but proud of the effort in what I thought was the best match of the night.  Hope we get to see it again next year.  Could be a different result.

17084197_0.webp 42.04 kB · 3 downloads 17084197_1.webp 27.09 kB · 2 downloads

Those were terrible pics. And if you notice Staroccis hand is blurry in the photo because it was moving

Edited by portajohn

This looks to be the frame that would be the most relevant. The next shows ML right knee pad up.

Is it proof? No. You can see the left thumb and forefinger and probably the pinkie up. Hard to tell about middle and ring but likely up.

The real thing would be the outside of CS left hand/palm being being up and over the bump on outside of wrist.

However, one thing I didn't notice in this thread was whether it mattered that much. I thought that CS let ML go later without a fight. So if he fought to hold him down he would still have won by riding time.

I think the issue that would have made the most difference is whether it would have been called in the match vs by review. If in the match the clock would have continued without riding time until they called stalemate and then assessed the penalty. If by review, it would have gone back to here where RT was 0 but there was still 0:24 left. This would have given ML more time to escape.

image.png.cb78a92bf4b35047ce562a3eff03f29f.png