goStanford18

NCAA Championships Day 3 Thread: Session VI - Finals Thread

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Except that RBY was one of the best recruits in the country.

He started wrestling in the varsity team as a freshman and did not lose a single match through his four years of high school. At the DI state championships (AIA), he accumulated a combined record of 16–0 with eight falls, five majors, two technical falls and one decision and also received the outstanding wrestler award all four years he competed at the tournament. He graduated with a legendary record of 182–0

And he was very far behind Desanto and Fix. He has since passed them both. You get there with great coaching.

Really proud of Clarke and everything he brought to UNC this year. From 0-2 in the ACC tournament to 2nd in the national tournament is an insane accomplishment.

As a side note, that ride from Lee was diabolical. Kick out the base up leg and throw lots of cross faces mixed with cross wrist control. Not much you can do from there. 

RBY is better from nuetral by far than anyone else at 133 

Two matches and Fix no closer to a TD than ADS ever came. 

Nick Lee, sheesh. So tough. 

Both undefeated this year. All opponents defeated.

Edited by TBar1977

It's not his fault that his his best competition for injured (he's still the favorite over them, too), but that was anticlimactic. Great run by Clarke, but I wish we saw a more competitive match for Lee's last collegiate match.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

It's not his fault that his his best competition for injured (he's still the favorite over them, too), but that was anticlimactic. Great run by Clarke, but I wish we saw a more competitive match for Lee's last collegiate match.

Reminiscent of Zain’s as well.

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

RBY is better from nuetral by far than anyone else at 133 

Two matches and Fix no closer to a TD than ADS ever came. 

Nick Lee, sheesh. So tough. 

Both undefeated this year. All opponents defeated.

My favorite part of the 133 final was the little jump RBY did over Fix at the end.

8 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

While I agree Sanderson probably can coach but this doesn’t prove anything. 

His first year at Penn state he lost to Gomez, Ben Thornton , Pletcher, Desanto 2x including getting absolutely mauled the first time , Lizak and got beat 10-0 by John Erneste…since then he’s 55-2 with his only loses by 1 and 3 to gross and Seabass in 2020 ..hes beat fix twice since then Desanto 6x and has wins over 6 other AAs including an ncaa finalist ….idk how you can argue against this being a great example of how cael can really coach 

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

You can stop drinking now Vak, and start using intelligible English again.