Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Crazy Kizhan Clarke

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You got competition.

 

Signed,

born and bred hoosier

Clarke’s story is an great one and I would have been right there rooting for him in the finals if it was almost anyone except Nick Lee.  I wish him luck in his career  While making the national finals is a highlight I’m sure there are big things left to come in his future.

 

As far as a Lee fan goes I started talking with Nicks dad Chris since he was just stating to taking him and Joe (was still too little) to local camps and looking for events outside of the confines of Evansville.  That was really elementary school. Awesome family (which i’m sure Clarke’s is too with how he’s doing). Plus a former wrestler of mine was dads driver when he was overseas leading some of our troops.  So I’ll take anyone up on that one. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Nick Lees dad offered Clarke a job after the match.  Makes you feel proud to be a part of this sport

This sport truly has a special connection.  Lee’s dad never wrestled himself but he knows hard work from his time in the military and understand the true grit it takes to be in wrestling.  He recognizes someone  Clarke has the drive to be a great in anything he attempts so why not take a shot at hiring him if he’s interested.  Obviously it depends on what type of law Clarke is interested in perusing, but he works for a national law firm network so he could get Clarke’s foot in the door for anywhere they have offices.  He wouldn’t go wrong learning from a man like Chris though.  Now I just need to get Lee’s dad to start a office around my area so Clarke can assist with my schools program during his free time. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always amazes me how cynical people can take a really kind gesture (that was done in private and word spread through coaches to the announcers) and turn it into a negative thing. It’s not like Nick’s dad asked cameras to come over and did it on national TV. Geeze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

It appears self serving to me.Offer it in private, not as a way to draw attention to yourself. The guy just lost the national finals. 

Poor take man. And a sadly poor take if you knew anything about who your are talking about.   I’m sure he talked to him behind the scenes in the arenas hallway, as sometimes occurs as the families and wrestlers ens up mixing together back stage as they are ushered around.   Heck the two sets of parents mat have already talked previously and the connections was made from that interaction.  The Lees are good friendly people and I’m sure would try to at least have a polite conversation with Clarke’s family earlier in the day if they ran into each forth. Someone from the ESPN team picked up on some conversation that occurred at some point after the match and related it to the announce team.  It’s not like Lee’s dad ran over in front of a camera interrupting something to  create the moment to promote himself.  I’m sure it was also part of a bigger conversation congratulating him on his hard work and within that he offered to connect him with a job interview after graduation.  The announcers likely just shortened it to offering him a job based on the time they had to comment on it.  I will state what little my reputation is worth on here that  what you are claiming is so far from the reality it’s ridiculous.  I know what type of man Chris Lee is and your take  is not it. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

It always amazes me how cynical people can take a really kind gesture (that was done in private and word spread through coaches to the announcers) and turn it into a negative thing. It’s not like Nick’s dad asked cameras to come over and did it on national TV. Geeze. 

 

 

11 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

This sport truly has a special connection.  Lee’s dad never wrestled himself but he knows hard work from his time in the military and understand the true grit it takes to be in wrestling.  He recognizes someone  Clarke has the drive to be a great in anything he attempts so why not take a shot at hiring him if he’s interested.  Obviously it depends on what type of law Clarke is interested in perusing, but he works for a national law firm network so he could get Clarke’s foot in the door for anywhere they have offices.  He wouldn’t go wrong learning from a man like Chris though.  Now I just need to get Lee’s dad to start a office around my area so Clarke can assist with my schools program during his free time. 

Yes you and @goheels1812seem to get it.  I cant imagine how some folks were offended by it.  Mind boggling and laughable 

Edited by flyingcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Poor take man.  I’m sure he talked to him behind the scenes in the arenas hallway, as sometimes occurs as the families and wrestlers ens up mixing together back stage as they are ushered around.   Someone picked up on the conversation and related it to the announce team.  It’s not like Lee’s dad ran over in front of a camera interrupting something to  create the moment to promote himself.  I will state what little my reputation is worth on here that  what you are claiming is so far from the reality it’s ridiculous.  I know what type of man Chris Lee is and it’s not it. 

Why does he think Clarke needs or will have any issue finding a job? I’m not questioning his intentions, but it’s paternalistic and out of place for a parent to do immediately after the match. I’m sure Nick Lee’s dad is a great person, but that is not something a wrestling parent should do. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why does he think Clarke needs or will have any issue finding a job? 

Why wouldn’t he think his firm could benifit from interviewing someone like Clarke for a job?  You are acting like it’s a hollow gesture just to create this negative narrative.  Sad.  People on here always talk about how wrestlers are able to make some of the hard working and best employees. And how our small brotherhood should stick together.  But your out here trying to act like it’s was some type of slap in the face to Clarke.  It wasn’t offered like that and I don’t know Clarke but I doubt he took it that way.  I’m not sure hardly anyone did but you.. I’m done with this one you’ve now managed to make this post into a negative narrative as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Poor take man. And a sadly poor take if you knew anything about who your are talking about.   I’m sure he talked to him behind the scenes in the arenas hallway, as sometimes occurs as the families and wrestlers ens up mixing together back stage as they are ushered around.   Someone picked up on the conversation and related it to the announce team.  It’s not like Lee’s dad ran over in front of a camera interrupting something to  create the moment to promote himself.  I’m sure it was also part of a bigger conversation congratulating him on his hard work and within that he offered to connect him with a job interview after graduation.  The announcers likely just shortened it to offering him a job based on the time they had to comment on it.  I will state what little my reputation is worth on here that  what you are claiming is so far from the reality it’s ridiculous.  I know what type of man Chris Lee is and it’s not it. 

Accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Knows nothing about his grades or anything related to his actual academic pursuits but offers him a job for participating in a match… 

 

Let’s go with the fact the commentators only have seconds to convey information.  Odds are after a bigger conversation Lee’s dad offered to connection him with the firms he’s a part of for a  interview if he was interested.  DC likely got the information secondhand from someone backstage and shortened it to offering him a job.  This type of networking happens all the time when business and industry events happen and you run into people you have a feeling could help your company.  It’s then up to that person to follow through on the connection and then show in their interview they indeed should be hired. 

Edited by MadMardigain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...