Mohammer

Will never lose another college match again

I mean... Griffith is still there?

Add in that next year is the year before Olympics.  If anyone thinks they have a legitimate chance at the 74kg spot, or they have a chance, then they might be thinking about 165lbs for their college weight next season.  I am thinking specifically Lewis and Carr.

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Add in that next year is the year before Olympics.  If anyone thinks they have a legitimate chance at the 74kg spot, or they have a chance, then they might be thinking about 165lbs for their college weight next season.  I am thinking specifically Lewis and Carr.

None of these guys are taking out Dake/JB unless they finally age.

1 minute ago, newuser69 said:

1 minute ago, newuser69 said:

KO is a year away from beating dake and the likes….. tell me I’m wrong 

The thing is the dakes, Taylor’s, JBs, all had a “ beginning” KO is at the “beginning “

If your a non believer listen to a few of his interviews. This kid loves what we love, is passionate and humble

10 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

The thing is the dakes, Taylor’s, JBs, all had a “ beginning” KO is at the “beginning “

If your a non believer listen to a few of his interviews. This kid loves what we love, is passionate and humble

Yes. I am a non believer that KO can beat Dake next year.  Not only Dake, I have a hard time believing he can beat the following top 3 guys.  I remember these same type of predictions following Mekhi's freshman year.  How did that work out for him?

Edited by portajohn

Do you think Lewis can make it back down to 74kg? I thought he looked huge for 174

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Mohammer said:

All true but a year say is pure lunacy. Dake will retire and then KO can step in. Their styles have a lot of similarities, actually. 

3 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

All true but a year say is pure lunacy. Dake will retire and then KO can step in. Their styles have a lot of similarities, actually. 

It’s unlikely but not lunacy. We’ve seen it happen multiple times in recent years. Guys make huge leaps in 1-2 years. Look at JB, Snyder, Cejudo, Gable. 

6 minutes ago, Frank C said:

Remember there always some special kid coming out high scholl.

What wait is Paddy Gallagher kid from ohio. Going be next year?

Hopefully paddy has gotten better cause KO played patty cake with him when he teched him at who’s number one 

Snyder’s leap was incredible. Pinned in March by Gadson. Beat everyone at the trials and dethroned the defending World Champ in the fall.

I don’t predict O’Toole taking out Nolf or IMar this year if they make their way to 74kg (are they staying at 79?), but wouldn’t be too surprised if he did. I’d like to see O’Toole vs. Carr. 

I have no idea how Deakin makes 70kg, but I’m guessing he’ll challenge Green/Oliver/Retherford instead of Dake and co. 

Remember there always some special kid coming out high scholl.
What wait is Paddy Gallagher kid from ohio. Going be next year?

The guy who just lost to a high schooler? That Paddy Gallagher?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

It’s unlikely but not lunacy. We’ve seen it happen multiple times in recent years. Guys make huge leaps in 1-2 years. Look at JB, Snyder, Cejudo, Gable. 

Unlikely is too mild a word. JB was 23 when he made that kind of leap, and it wasn’t against a guy of Dake’s caliber. He’s not really that comparable to a 21 year old O’Toole beating Dake. 

Gable, Snyder, and Cejudo are, but remember Snyder and Cejudo dedicated their most formative years to freestyle, and Cejudo did so exclusively. They were more like the European prodigies that pop up every few years to win world medals than traditional American folkstyle-focused college kids. O’Toole’s best style is still folkstyle. 

O’Toole could be the guy in 2028. I thought Kharchla was the better freestyle prospect for 74 kg but am now leaning more towards O’Toole, who is improving almost every time I see him while Kharchla arguably didn’t at all this year. 

No i am looking for the high schooler that beat him.

Levi Haines. Not yet 18 years old. Going to…wait for it…PSU next year. Already at NLWC. Skipped his senior year of PIAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk