Bardamu911

Cohlton Schultz

I liked his walk out music too. It would be nice if he at least attempted a leg attack, I realize he’s a Greco star but this is still folkstyle wrestling.

That dude is a force though and will be very tough to beat next year and beyond if Gable truly doesn’t come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the talk since the Olympics, Gable stating it himself nor the shoes on the mat have convinced you?  

I’m not saying I’m expecting it by any means and there’s obviously a very slim chance it happens. You just never know till his eligibility is gone, it could have all been done to keep people talking about how great he was/is. Tom Brady retired and came back in a month, crazier things have happened.

RBY also said he wasn’t coming back and seems to be coming around.

2 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

I’m not saying I’m expecting it by any means and there’s obviously a very slim chance it happens. You just never know till his eligibility is gone, it could have all been done to keep people talking about how great he was/is. Tom Brady retired and came back in a month, crazier things have happened.

I didn’t see RBY leaving shoes on the mat. Gable has a lot of other things going on to. He is taking the next step in life. 

7 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

I didn’t see RBY leaving shoes on the mat. Gable has a lot of other things going on to. He is taking the next step in life. 

While I think Gable is definitely done with NCAA wrestling, i would not be surprised if he returns to international competition. Its no guarantee that hes going to be a success in WWE. WWE fans put a lot less stock and value in real world accomplishments than wrestling fans do. I think he will do well in WWE, but I do have my doubts. I'll be shocked if he becomes the next John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin or Dwayne the Rock Johnson like some wrestling fans think he will...

Compared to the likes of Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley, Gable doesnt have a super impressive look which at the end of the day is the most important thing to Vince McMahon. McMahon also can change his mind about a talent at the drop of a dime so we'll see what happens.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

While I think Gable is definitely done with NCAA wrestling, i would not be surprised if he returns to international competition. Its no guarantee that hes going to be a success in WWE. WWE fans put a lot less stock and value in real world accomplishments than wrestling fans do. I think he will do well in WWE, but I do have my doubts. I'll be shocked if he becomes the next John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin or Dwayne the Rock Johnson like some wrestling fans think he will...

If he were to return to international competition would he not be training at Minnesota yet? And if he did would he not be trying to train for the next cycle? I realize he’s very young yet but if you did think he would come back for international competition, which I think is a pretty slim chance too, it would have to be for this cycle.

Again I think it’s a very slim chance for NCAA wrestling and international at this point but not necessarily 0%.

6 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Compared to the likes of Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley, Gable doesnt have a super impressive look which at the end of the day is the most important thing to Vince McMahon. McMahon also can change his mind about a talent at the drop of a dime so we'll see what happens.

Give Gable a few months in WWE’s strength and medicine program, you may change your mind on his look relative to some of the other stars you mentioned. 

Look at what the Miz turned into from MTV. 

18 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

Watch RBY's press conference.  He wants to be paid.

Watch RBY's press conference.  He wants to be paid.

If you had to bet on RBY today coming back how much would you bet? I think it’s more likely he’s back than not. I haven’t watched his press conference from after the finals though.

6 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

Look at what the Miz turned into from MTV. 

The Miz has basically been a socialite since his MTV real world days which has a lot to do with his success. Basically Gable needs to stay in good favor with Vince McMahon. There a countless people who would receive amhuge push from the WWE machinemonly to be completely dropped into pure obscurity at which point they could careless about your real world accomplishments. Profressional wrestling can be a dirty dirty game.

They also dont like it when you gain a following through outside means and they dont want to push you. Zack Ryder had a HUGE fanbase following, but he wasnt in favor with the McMahon's. They badically did everything they could to squash his hype.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

The Miz has basically been a socialite since his MTV real world days which has a lot to do with his success. Basically Gable needs to stay in good favor with Vince McMahon. There a countless people who would receive amhuge push from the WWE machinemonly to be completely dropped into pure obscurity at which point they could careless about your real world accomplishments. Profressional wrestling can be a dirty dirty game.

I think the fact that WWE signed Bobby, Gables older brother as well, probably makes it more likely Gable sticks it out for the foreseeable future.

4 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

I think the fact that WWE signed Bobby, Gables older brother as well, probably makes it more likely Gable sticks it out for the foreseeable future.

That doesnt really mean much. WWE is very fickle. They sign and release talent all the time with very little rhyme or reason. If Gable can stay in good favor with the top brass he will be fine. The problem is staying in good favor has not real measurable system. Its basically whether they like you or not on thatngiven day. And that can change in an instant. Theyve also kept people under contract theymdidnt like intentionally to prevent them from working elsewhere to try and squash that persons momentum. I really do hope Gable does well in WWE, but fully acknoledge its not the glamorous, instant riches job that many in the wrestling community think it is.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

That doesnt really mean much. WWE is very fickle. They sign and release talent all the time with very little rhyme or reason. If Gable can stay in good favor with the top brass he will be fine. The problem is staying in good favor has not real measurable system. Its basically whether they like you or not on thatngiven day. And that can change in an instant. Theyve also kept people under contract theymdidnt like intentionally to prevent them from working elsewhere to try and squash that persons momentum. I really do hope Gable does well in WWE, but fully acknoledge its not the glamorous, instant riches job that many in the wrestling community think it is.

From what I understand, he has signed a pretty hefty contract. 

8 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

But didn’t he already sign a seven figure contract with WWE? That seems to tell me in Gable’s case that WWE is an instant riches career. Maybe not so much for people like his brother. 

1 minute ago, CoachWrestling said:

I'm sure he did. That doesnt change anything that I wrote. If Gable falls out of favor with the McMahons or doesnt catch on and get "over" with the prowrestling fans, his Olympic and NCAA titles will mean nothing to that world.

Also we don’t really know details of the contract, maybe it says in there that he has to be done college wrestling after this season so that marketability wise McMahon can capitalize as soon as possible on Gables Gold Medal. I don’t see McMahon signing Gable to a contract this early if he has to wait years for a ROI.

2 minutes ago, BSUBroncoDynasty said:

But didn’t he already sign a seven figure contract with WWE? That seems to tell me in Gable’s case that WWE is an instant riches career. Maybe not so much for people like his brother. 

Most WWE stars, even the top ones make the big bucks off Royalties for appearances and merchandise sales. I dont know the details of his WWE contract, but for the most part unless youre already an established proven star in the industry thats not how it works...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I'm sure he did. That doesnt change anything that I wrote. If Gable falls out of favor with the McMahons or doesnt catch on and get "over" with the prowrestling fans, his Olympic and NCAA titles will mean nothing to that world.

That's fine, but he will still have a general amount of wealth. 

2 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

That's fine, but he will still have a general amount of wealth. 

Most prowrestlers even the top stars finish their careers and live pretty humble lives after their run is over. Gable wants to be a superstar entertainer. Again my point is just because we wrestling fans are all enamored by his talent and accomplishments doesnt mean the rest of the world does. Im rooting for the guy 100% and hope he becomes that superstar. Im pointing out that theres no guarantee that itll happen and the very reasons wrestling fans think he will are not really in-line with what the prowrestling world cares about.

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Isn't Gable, big as he is, small for WWE, both in terms of weight and height?

Yes & No. There's plenty of guys who've had success and are smaller in stature....Sean Michaels, Ric Flair, John Cena, Kurt Angle etc etc

13 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Yes & No. There's plenty of guys who've had success and are smaller in stature....Sean Michaels, Ric Flair, John Cena, Kurt Angle etc etc

Gable needs to come up with an interesting persona/character. He cant just rely on his Olympic Gold medal. Kurt Angle used his Olympic gold medal as a prop but his character was that or an overy arrogant pompous know it all which is why he got over with the fans.

Edited by BigTenFanboy