BigTenFanboy

Nick Suriano.. "injury time was bogus"

I've generally been a Suriano fan since he was a freshman in high school and supported him when he left PSU for Rutgers, but for him to say Glory taking injury time was "bogus" and a "tactic" is bs and disrepectful. Glory very clearly had a stinger and those arent things you simply "fake."

He talks about reinventing himself a lot, imo i prefered the old Suriano. Was less of an egomaniac.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I've generally been a Suriano fan since he was a freshman in high school and supported him when he left PSU for Rutgers, but for him to say Glory taking injury time was "bogus" and a "tactic" is bs and disrepectful. Glory very clearly had a stinger and those arent things you simply "fake."
He talks about reinventing himself a lot, imo i prefered the old Suriano. Was less of an egomaniac.

Suriano is one of the least likeable guys in D1 wrestling… phenomenal talent and great wrestler but him and humble never met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

Suriano is one of the least likeable guys in D1 wrestling… phenomenal talent and great wrestler but him and humble never met.

Hes lucky the ref from 2021 Fix v RBY didnt do his match because if he did, the match would have gone to OT with another stall.

28 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

This interview, and one with Hayden Hidlay? Totally night and day.

1 hour ago, Doc_Hfuhruhurr said:

This interview, and one with Hayden Hidlay? Totally night and day.

This thread seems overly harsh.

Yes he’s weird, but isn’t it possible he didn’t realize Glory hit his head?

In the rest of the interview he talked about the importance of family (like Hidlay), including bringing up that it meant a lot to him to win on his mom’s birthday.

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

In the rest of the interview he talked about the importance of family (like Hidlay), including bringing up that it meant a lot to him to win on his mom’s birthday.

It was funny that he said "congratulations" to his mom b/c it was her birthday. The correct thing to say is "Happy Birthday." Ah well, maybe the corn rows were tied too tight and were squeezing his brain.

38 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Is it? No I dont think so. As I stated earlier I've been a fan of his since he was a freshman in high school. From my view, over the years his persona has changed quite a bit and since his razor thin 2019 win over Daton Fix he seems to act like hes the only person in the universe to have won an NCAA title.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Is it? No I dont think so. As I stated earlier I've been a fan of his since he was a freshman in high school. From my view, over the years his persona has changed quite a bit and since his razor thin 2019 win over Daton Fix he seems to act like hes the only person in the universe to have won an NCAA title.

Sure he’s got a big ego, but that’s different than saying he’s claiming Glory faked a neck injury. I don’t think he realized what happened.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

It also seems there's been a fundamental shift in his "public" persona.  Those shifting eyes and side glances are kind of freaky.

Speaking of shifts, this changed some of my perspective on ADS:

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Sure he’s got a big ego, but that’s different than saying he’s claiming Glory faked a neck injury. I don’t think he realized what happened.

But thats EXACTLY what he did. He said it was bogus and a tactic. It doesnt matter if he realized what happened. He LITERALLY says that Glory was faking. Do you think hes going to later retract that statement?

In 2018 after he lost to Spencer Lee in the finals, he did a post match interview where he gave no excuses and said "i got beat" and that Spencer was better and that he needed to improve. Humble and honest. This time he comes across as an arrogant egomaniac. So NO its not too harsh. Not in the least bit. As a fan of him im dissapointed!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I think you're trying too hard to give Suriano the benefit of the doubt, where there really isn't any.  Note that Nick said "He called an injury time which was bogus."  So obviously he realized something had happened to cause Glory to call  time-out.  Nick simply decided to attribute that to Glory faking rather than to a legitimate injury.  That's quite different from not realizing what had happened.

I think you're trying too hard to give Suriano the benefit of the doubt, where there really isn't any.  Note that Nick said "He called an injury time which was bogus."  So obviously he realized something had happened to cause Glory to call  time-out.  Nick simply decided to attribute that to Glory faking rather than to a legitimate injury.  That's quite different from not realizing what had happened.

I don’t really get why Suriano would make a big deal out of it to be honest it stopped the match in between period s for a little longer and gave Suriano an extra choice in position if I remember correctly which directly helped him win imo

9 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

But thats EXACTLY what he did. He said it was bogus and a tactic. It doesnt matter if he realized what happened. He LITERALLY says that Glory was faking. Do you think hes going to later retract that statement?

In 2018 after he lost to Spencer Lee in the finals, he did a post match interview where he gave no excuses and said "i got beat" and that Spencer was better and that he needed to improve. Humble and honest. This time he comes across as an arrogant egomaniac. So NO its not too harsh. Not in the least bit. As a fan of him im dissapointed!

Spot on.  And good on Suriano for not being a sore loser in 2018.  Too bad he comes off as a "sore winner" in 2022.  

1 minute ago, 4awrestler said:

I don’t really get why Suriano would make a big deal out of it to be honest it stopped the match in between period s for a little longer and gave Suriano an extra choice in position if I remember correctly which directly helped him win imo

Agree.  Why even go there when you won the match?  

I have a prediction... Nicky is gonna put on a lot of weight and join Steveson in the WWE.  Tag team called "The Champ and The Chump".  Not hard to figure out which is which.  Nicky will help Steveson with doing WWE type interviews.  Steveson will need a lot of help, his just-off-the-mat interview was way too genuine and thoughtful.  Nicky will work on that...

1 minute ago, BerniePragle said:

I have a prediction... Nicky is gonna put on a lot of weight and join Steveson in the WWE.  Tag team called "The Champ and The Chump".  Not hard to figure out which is which.  Nicky will help Steveson with doing WWE type interviews.  Steveson will need a lot of help, his just-off-the-mat interview was way too genuine and thoughtful.  Nicky will work on that...

Nick's current persona interviews gives off Ultimate Warrior promo non-sense vibes.

5 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

I don't know Nick but he doesn't strike me as a deep, thoughtful, speaker...

Past few years he been treating his interviews like theraphy sessions.

Message to Nick: Dude.. theres a time and place. Share these thoughts with your therapist.

57kg is the heel weight class. Can't wait for Final X against Gilman. Spoiler: they form an alliance and start roughing up wrestlers of all weights in backstage ambushes