portajohn

I Know Cael Gets the Praise

I would love to see Cunningham take a head coaching gig elsewhere just to see more parity in the sport and to see if he and Cael can be successful as they have been without the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Yup. Cunningham is the reason PSU middleweights have had so much success. Poaching him for a HC job would be the smartest move to take PSU down a notch. 

Not sure you take them down a notch when there  is a great list of guys trained by Cunningham who are world champs and medalists, waiting to take his spot.  

I think Casey’s absence (OLY, WC) last summer/fall is part of the reason we didn’t see Facundo this year.

Casey, as well as Bekzod, Franklin Gomez, Carter, Brooks and DT were all gone and otherwise unavailable. Facundo didn’t make a “jump” last summer because the guys who would help him do it weren’t there to roll with him.

Just now, alliseeisgold said:

So good the lightweight regressed at Penn state, was an aa at central Michigan. Cael failed 

Huh? Cunningham doesn't train the light weights.  Know what you're talking about before you post

Drew Hildebrand ......so if caels guys wrestle so much better on the bigger stage why did he have a better ncaa tourney at central Michigan???  Looks like he wrestled tight against weaker comp I thought psu wrestled loose and free 

And let's not forget cael still hasn't been able to beat dake in 10 tries and he can't beat sadulaev,,,with amazing talents.

Hildebrand is a failure.  It's great to point out the successes but he is not infallible. 

2 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Drew Hildebrand ......so if caels guys wrestle so much better on the bigger stage why did he have a better ncaa tourney at central Michigan???  Looks like he wrestled tight against weaker comp I thought psu wrestled loose and free 

And let's not forget cael still hasn't been able to beat dake in 10 tries and he can't beat sadulaev,,,with amazing talents.

Hildebrand is a failure.  It's great to point out the successes but he is not infallible. 

This thread is about Casey Cunningham. Have you gone mental?

While it’s easy to point to the one person who maybe didn’t exceed expectations at PSU, it’s hard to be critical of Cael and company given how well his guys have performed and I am by no means a fan on PSU but have a ton of respect for them.

When talking “can’t beat Dake and sudelaev” you’re also talking about 2 of the best guys in the world…

Count me in the group who thinks it’s all Cael. They’d have thx same success without Casey.  It’s not that he does nothing, it’s that Cael would hire an equally good replacement. I also think Okie State is better off with somebody like Pop.

21 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Seems odd to focus on a guy who wrestled fewer than a dozen matches in a Penn State singlet to discredit the coaches as developers of talent. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Seems odd to focus on a guy who wrestled fewer than a dozen matches in a Penn State singlet to discredit the coaches as developers of talent. 

I agree James, but there are a whole lot of dummies out there.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

yea but the penn state mystique isn't just developers it's also their ability to wrestle best on the biggest stage - you know whatever cale says to em prematch behind closed doors.  so the central michigan coaches were better at getting drew hildebrandt to perform at highest moment.

.......If we want to talk development we can look at mason manville who was a top 10 recruit and regressed worse than anyone at any college maybe ever

The argument that doesn't get enough play is talent evaluation . If you put these studs on other teams do they not win titles ?

Penn State is really good at developing guys - but I don't think thats their competitive edge on everyone. It's talent evaluation. If you flip the rosters Cael isn't winning the title with michigans roster but michigan is with penn states roster 

Edited by alliseeisgold

Just now, alliseeisgold said:

yea but the penn state mystique isn't just developers it's also their ability to wrestle best on the biggest stage - you know whatever cale says to em prematch behind closed doors.  so the central michigan coaches were better at getting drew hildebrandt to perform at highest moment.

.......If we want to talk development we can look at mason manville who was a top 10 recruit and regressed worse than anyone at any college maybe ever

The argument that doesn't get enough play is talent evaluation . If you put these studs on other teams do they not win titles ?

Penn State is really good at developing guys - but I don't think thats their competitive edge on everyone. It's talent evaluation. If you flip the rosters Cael isn't winning with michigans roster but michigan is. 

Max Dean then...

1 minute ago, PSUSMC said:

Max Dean then...

Was in the ncaa finals at cornell and shouldn't of been at penn state if officials make some calls......looks like the same wrestler. Don't see that Cael got him to jump levels

43 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Dude, take a step back from the cliff.

Was in the ncaa finals at cornell and shouldn't of been at penn state if officials make some calls......looks like the same wrestler. Don't see that Cael got him to jump levels

This one I’ll give you, I didn’t see Dean improve much if any. I’m not sure he took an offensive shot in his finals match, to be fair Warner took 1 but it was pretty half assed.

18 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

If you flip the rosters Cael isn't winning the title with michigans roster but michigan is with penn states roster 

Absolutely no way to know that. ZERO. Unless we travel back in time and get them to all switch commits.