Fletcher

Who's not coming back next year

This gets confusing because of the "free" covid year that some guys will take advantage of and others will not. I'll start with just the AAs, because someone posted elsewhere the list of AAs based on based on year of HS graduation.

HS Class of 2015: Myles Amine, Korbin Myers, Massa, Kemerer, Christian Lance (Eierman also '15). All of these guys have exhausted eligibility.

HS Class of 2016: Suriano, Kizhan Clarke, Deakin, Dean, Devan Turner, Rivera, Tariq Wilson, Marinelli, Rivera, Wick, H. Hidlay, Eric Schutz, Bulsak, Jordan Wood. All these guys have exhausted eligibility, unless they're eligible for multiple RS years (RS + olympic or injury RS), correct? Anyone fall into that category?

HS Class of 2017: Fix, Nick Lee, Yianni, Makkhi Lewis, Warner, Arujua, Courtney, McGee, DeSanto, Willits bros, Bergeland, Gomez, Millner, Austin O'Conner, Labriola, Lautt, Romero, Coleman (Spencer Lee also '17). Anyone who didn't RS has exhausted their eligibility, right? I believe DeSanto's done - anyone else?

HS Class of 2018: All should have at least one more year (Steveson obv. not coming back).

Any other big names I'm missing (AA or not)? Micic not an AA, but was class of 2014.

3 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

This gets confusing because of the "free" covid year that some guys will take advantage of and others will not. I'll start with just the AAs, because someone posted elsewhere the list of AAs based on based on year of HS graduation.

HS Class of 2015: Myles Amine, Korbin Myers, Massa, Kemerer, Christian Lance (Eierman also '15). All of these guys have exhausted eligibility.

HS Class of 2016: Suriano, Kizhan Clarke, Deakin, Dean, Devan Turner, Rivera, Tariq Wilson, Marinelli, Rivera, Wick, H. Hidlay, Eric Schutz, Bulsak, Jordan Wood. All these guys have exhausted eligibility, unless they're eligible for multiple RS years (RS + olympic or injury RS), correct? Anyone fall into that category?

HS Class of 2017: Fix, Nick Lee, Yianni, Makkhi Lewis, Warner, Arujua, Courtney, McGee, DeSanto, Willits bros, Bergeland, Gomez, Millner, Austin O'Conner, Labriola, Lautt, Romero, Coleman (Spencer Lee also '17). Anyone who didn't RS has exhausted their eligibility, right? I believe DeSanto's done - anyone else?

HS Class of 2018: All should have at least one more year (Steveson obv. not coming back).

Any other big names I'm missing (AA or not)? Micic not an AA, but was class of 2014.

Nick Lee is done.  Max Dean has 1 more year. Believe everyone else you mentioned Class of 2017 or younger can return if they want.  Might see a few transfers with guys wrapping up degrees.  

45 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I think you could have RS and still have a year

18 - RS. 19 - RSFR. 20 - RS Soph  21 - Free. 22- RS Jr.   23 RS Sr

12 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Nick Lee is done.  Max Dean has 1 more year. Believe everyone else you mentioned Class of 2017 or younger can return if they want.  Might see a few transfers with guys wrapping up degrees.  

Arujau should have two years left I believe. I thought he took an Olympic in 2020. REALLY wanted to see him vs Suriano in the finals(in fact...picking him lost me my pool).

Lewis should have two years left as well. Warner has one year left as should both Willits. Bergeland, Labriola, Lautt, Millner, McGee, Romero, Coleman and O'Connor all have 1 more. Gomez I believe has two more years.

And of course Spencer Lee. God knows what he's gonna look like with two good ACLs.

All the talk about how this year would be the most competitive NCAA tournament ever...unless you're a HWT, I don't see it getting much easier.

I'm already excited about next year. I think ASU could be in the race for 2nd...as we all know who's winning it next year.

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

HS Class of 2017: Fix, Nick Lee, Yianni, Makkhi Lewis, Warner, Arujua, Courtney, McGee, DeSanto, Willits bros, Bergeland, Gomez, Millner, Austin O'Conner, Labriola, Lautt, Romero, Coleman (Spencer Lee also '17).

Everyone else has eligibility.

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

Read on another thread that RBY says he's not coming back. Also Valencia HS class of '15 so his eligibility is exhausted.

I sure hope Yahya comes back - wrestles his best at NCAAs.

In his post-final interview he opened the door to maybe coming back. He said something along the lines of he was not coming back, but another team title and 3x champ sounds pretty good to him, so maybe. He also used it as an appeal to any deep pocket alums that want to do some NIL with him as an incentive to come back. He was on a pretty big emotional high at the moment and allowed for the fact that he needs to take some time and make a decision. He also said that MMA won't start until 2024, as he wants to pursue freestyle first.