NJDan

One Clock that Fixes Everything

The new rule would be that if the top wrestler has been riding for 30 seconds and has not scored back points and is not in the process of turning the bottom wrestler, the ref blows it dead and puts both wrestlers back on their feet. 

This rule would not prevent stalling on either top or bottom, but would limit its duration. 

Ditto.

No escape point and no limitless ride.

I would also move the riding time point to 1:30. That way if you want it you need at least two takedowns, a takedown and a reversal, or one takedown and two starts on top.

Ditto.
No escape point and no limitless ride.
I would also move the riding time point to 1:30. That way if you want it you need at least two takedowns, a takedown and a reversal, or one takedown and two starts on top.

Don’t agree with no escape point but don’t mind no limitless ride. Also don’t care for 1:30 before a point is awarded if they are awarding one, why make it more incentive to try to ride longer? I get there would be less RT points awarded but all you’re going to do is encourage guys to try to ride longer to earn that point. I think it’s counterproductive for what you’re trying to accomplish.

No RT point without nearfall is a possibility but again if top guy is able to turn does he really need an extra point? I don’t know jury is still out on that for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

Don’t agree with no escape point but don’t mind no limitless ride. Also don’t care for 1:30 before a point is awarded if they are awarding one, why make it more incentive to try to ride longer? I get there would be less RT points awarded but all you’re going to do is encourage guys to try to ride longer to earn that point. I think it’s counterproductive for what you’re trying to accomplish.

No RT point without nearfall is a possibility but again if top guy is able to turn does he really need an extra point? I don’t know jury is still out on that for me

The logic behind the no escape point always strikes me as people trying too hard to be “smart” rather than actually come up with a good rule 

The logic behind the no escape point always strikes me as people trying too hard to be “smart” rather than actually come up with a good rule 

If you want to make TDs worth 3 or at least the first TD worth 3 and an escape worth 1, you might incentivize guys to try harder for a TD instead of being content with ending the period 0-0. Not saying it’s right but it might encourage more active 1st periods

32 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

This was based upon the proposal in the original post.

If no turn after 30 seconds you reset to neutral. Can't award an escape because one did not occur and it limits all rides to 30 seconds.

I am not saying to eliminate the escape point. If during that 30 second ride period you escape you get 1. If nothing happens in 30 seconds reset to neutral and that is it.

Edited by JeanGuy
add sentence

1 hour ago, JeanGuy said:

This was based upon the proposal in the original post.

If no turn after 30 seconds you reset to neutral. Can't award an escape because one did not occur and it limits all rides to 30 seconds.

I am not saying to eliminate the escape point. If during that 30 second ride period you escape you get 1. If nothing happens in 30 seconds reset to neutral and that is it.

Exactly and it escapes often occur within 30 seconds of the start of a ride so there would be no reason not try for one.

2 hours ago, 4awrestler said:

Conversely, if the top guy is not able to turn, does he deserve and extra point?

Conversely, if the top guy is not able to turn, does he deserve and extra point?

I’m not sure, at times I like the RT point but at others it frustrates me that a guy will just rack up 3+ minutes of RT usually laying on a hip or leg riding not really working to turn. There has to be a better way to encourage turns and more offense which I think most of us want to see.

3 hours ago, 4awrestler said:

If you want to make TDs worth 3 or at least the first TD worth 3 and an escape worth 1, you might incentivize guys to try harder for a TD instead of being content with ending the period 0-0. Not saying it’s right but it might encourage more active 1st periods

Key words are “might” and it also flat out goes against the entire premise of folkstyle