Jimmy Cinnabon

Pushout rule with a twist

For all those in support of a pushout rule how about this?

1 point for every time you push the opposing wrestler out of the circle.

The twist -- this includes when you start on top.  So it's incumbent on the bottom wrestler to escape before getting pushed out or it's one point for top man.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

The twist -- this includes when you start on top.  So it's incumbent on the bottom wrestler to escape before getting pushed out or it's one point for top man.

Thoughts?

No...I really dislike this rule. I know you prefaced this with the "for all those in support of," but I don't like push-outs in Folkstyle. Pushing and blocking IS stalling.

And when you're on bottom, it's so easy for the top guy to just run you out, I don't see how you could possibly give HIM a point for that.

I actually think College Wrestling is in a good place right now with the rules. They addressed the scrambling that led to so many stalemates with the danger, they're giving stalling for not working up as long as you can.

I guess if I was gonna change anything, it'd probably be calling MORE stalling on the top man as I saw a lot of parallel rides this past weekend where the top guy wasn't doing anything but hanging on. But even that's relatively minor. I think we're at a good place. The old, "if it ain't broke," cliche. I don't think it's broke. I think it's better than it's ever been.

3 minutes ago, JeanGuy said:

so you want to encourage the top guy running a guy OB while in a control position.

Yes.  Why not?  If we're going to reward pushout from neutral why not from top.  Running a guy out still requires you to push them while both guys are standing.  

Make it incumbent on the bottom man to offer some resistance/escape.

Plus, it's pretty damn easy for the bottom guy to counter.  Sitout/switch.

The only way it's easy for the top guy to push the bottom guy is if he does a standup with zero hand control.  Even then bottom guy can granby.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

Yes.  Why not?  If we're going to reward pushout from neutral why not from top.  Running a guy out still requires you to push them while both guys are standing.  
Make it incumbent on the bottom man to offer some resistance/escape.

Very dumb… and no one in their right mind wants to see a rule like this. But again Jimmy you continue to amaze us by not being in your right mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, 4awrestler said:

Very dumb… and no one in their right mind wants to see a rule like this. But again Jimmy you continue to amaze us by not being in your right mind

I'm speaking to people who support a pushout rule.

If you can score points by pushing out from neutral, why not from top?  Some replies here make it sound like it's too easy to pushout from referee's position and that's simply not the case.

I'm speaking to people who support a pushout rule.
If you can score points by pushing out from neutral, why not from top?  Some replies here make it sound like it's too easy to pushout from referee's position and that's simply not the case.

Because you’re in a control position not neutral where both people have equal opportunity to push someone out not oh you got to your feet now I’m just going to grab you by the waist and football tackle you out of bounds. Or pick you up and carry you out of bounds for a point… dumb

1 minute ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

I know this isn't meant to be taken seriously, but how about we just reverse it.  

If the bottom man can force the action out of bounds, in any way, that's a point for him.  Would force guys that want to ride to wrestle in the middle of the mat.  

Actually yes, I would support that too.  You should be able to score pushout anywhere, at all times.

4 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

Because you’re in a control position not neutral where both people have equal opportunity to push someone out not oh you got to your feet now I’m just going to grab you by the waist and football tackle you out of bounds. Or pick you up and carry you out of bounds for a point… dumb

How easy do you think it is to pick up a wrestler and just carry him out of bounds if he's resisting?  It's damn near impossible for everyone unless you are Aleksandr Karelin.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Actually yes, I would support that too.  You should be able to score pushout anywhere, at all times.

Agreed.  You should also be able to score push-ins.  If you can forcibly move your opponent out of the ring, and then forcibly move him back into the ring, well that's 2 points well earned right there.  

And if you can sit on the boundary and throw your opponent back and forth across your hip, in and out of bounds, that's a clean path to a victory via technical superiority.  

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Thoughts?

That's stupid. Push out rule needs to apply to neutral position only. 5 count to return the guy or release needs to come back though. Leaving it subjective as to the guy trying to return sucks 

Edited by BLT