Jimmy Cinnabon

Max Dean is coming back next year

25 minutes ago, BLT said:

This isn't news. If Ferrari is back at 197 he won't be winning again.

You assume Ferrari will be the same or even better after injuries that had him quit this year. Might not happen.

Just now, Casper said:

You assume Ferrari will be the same or even better after injuries that had him quit this year. Might not happen.

Half of a Ferrari could beat a fully healthy Dean whom might be one of the most boring wrestlers to ever wrestle except for Warner.

This isn't news. If Ferrari is back at 197 he won't be winning again.

Anyone have any insight on this? I’m sure peak training Ferrari is cutting a fair amount to make 197. Is his intent to move up now that Gable is gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Twooooo said:

Half of a Ferrari could beat a fully healthy Dean whom might be one of the most boring wrestlers to ever wrestle except for Warner.

How about Jake Varner? He earned the nickname "varnish". Meanwhile Ferrari may well have lost some of his polish after the medical issues. Another year with Cael & Co just might get Dean wiht a game plan to win it again.

3 minutes ago, Twooooo said:

On the mat, Ferrari is not any more exciting. It's ironic that "Mr. Fast Twitch" can't take a shot against high level opponents.

15 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

On the mat, Ferrari is not any more exciting. It's ironic that "Mr. Fast Twitch" can't take a shot against high level opponents.

You're making stuff up.  As a true freshman he took down everyone in the country except Warner.  Multiple takedowns in postseason matches against Woodley, Sloan, Buchanon, Sloan again, and then a TD and reversal against Amine.  I would guess almost every one of those TDs was him shooting.  This year he didn't have a ton of high level opponents, but he took down Woodley multiple times and took down Sloan.  Top is where he stalls.  In neutral there aren't many 197s who attack more than he does.

Yeah, Ferrari, while not SUPER active in neutral, is very efficient and explosive.  He stalls his butt off on top, though.

Bummer for Warner, because if he was going to win it, this year was the year.  I think Ferrari is too good in neutral for him.

The interesting thing here is the fact that when at Cornell, he finished a legitimate 2nd.  Yeah, he won while at Penn State, but if his match was called correctly against Deprez, he would have, at best, taken 3rd, beneath his 2nd place finish while at Cornell.

Clearly, Penn State made a huge difference.

1 minute ago, RED said:

The interesting thing here is the fact that when at Cornell, he finished a legitimate 2nd.  Yeah, he won while at Penn State, but if his match was called correctly against Deprez, he would have, at best, taken 3rd, beneath his 2nd place finish while at Cornell.

Clearly, Penn State made a huge difference.

How angry did it make you to see Gabe Dean wearing a Penn State shirt?

3 hours ago, NJDan said:

He acknowledges his "time at Cornell," but without thanks or gratitude. That's mighty white of him.

"...there are a lot of great people there, they were part of my path on my way here, and I wish them nothing but love and prosperity."

That seems somewhat gracious.

30 minutes ago, PSUSMC said:

"...there are a lot of great people there, they were part of my path on my way here, and I wish them nothing but love and prosperity."

That seems somewhat gracious.

Cornell, path the Penn State. That's the university's new motto.

27 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Cornell, path the Penn State. That's the university's new motto.

Penn State is an Engineering and Ag school first. We have other majors, but you get the drift.

Is Cornell much different? 

4 hours ago, NJDan said:

He acknowledges his "time at Cornell," but without thanks or gratitude. That's mighty white of him.

He did more than just acknowledge his time and Cornell.  He also said "there are a lot of great people there, they were a part of my path on my way here, and I wish them nothing but love and posterity."  Do you disagree that those comments could be construed as an expression of gratitude for  Cornell?