Jimmy Cinnabon

Max Dean is coming back next year

8 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Cornell has beautiful waterfalls. East Rutherford has a swamp. Oh, and Jimmy Hoffa was buried there. 

Same thing. 

No. Jimmy Hoffa was offed and disposed of in Detroit. You know. Kinda like Michigan & Iowa were.

North Jersey still has the swamp, the stench off NJ Tpke Exit 13 and horrible traffic.  There's a reason Piscataway starts with P - I - S.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Who objected to them leaving?  I'm glad they left (some things are more important than college wrestling).  I also have a problem with Kyle Dake and Nahshon Garrett, who permanently damaged their reputations with their anti-vaccination positions (and Nahshon's nutcase viewpoints), and I'm not alone in that view among Big Red wrestling fans.

Most people got the vaccines because they were right for them.  Dake & Garrett are young and probably healthier than 99.999% of us fat, old Americans. By the way most of the folks who died were fat, old, both or had some other comorbidity.  They're above the age of consent and exercised their rights. Were they supposed to get vaccinated to lead other Americans to do so?  Like folks like our VP Kamala Harris?  She and others in her party denigrated the vaccines that are now saving millions of at risk Americans during the election cycle just to win the election. I get wanting to beat Trump but that was downright evil. Also, let's not forget the country's sorry history in medically abusing minorities.  Is it any wonder folks have trust issues?

Edited by panewbie1
xx

48 minutes ago, panewbie1 said:

Most people got the vaccines because they were right for them.  Dake & Garrett are young and probably healthier than 99.999% of us fat, old Americans. By the way most of the folks who died were fat, old, both or had some other comorbidity.  They're above the age of consent and exercised their rights. Were they supposed to get vaccinated to lead other Americans to do so?  Like folks like our VP Kamala Harris?  She and others in her party denigrated the vaccines that are now saving millions of at risk Americans during the election cycle just to win the election. I get wanting to beat Trump but that was downright evil. Also, let's not forget the country's sorry history in medically abusing minorities.  Is it any wonder folks have trust issues?

Most of what was said here is complete nonsense but I'll only respond to one utter falsehood here.

Kamala and others did not at all denigrate the vaccines. They denigrated having Trump be the person to listen to in deciding when to take the vaccines.

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I wouldn't waste too much time with him.  Hes one of the boards worst all around posters.  Contender for the top spot 

This!  I have replied to him way to many times and while being frustrated at how ridiculous he/she is, it is also humorous in a sense that he/she actually believes the crap he/she posts (dude/chick is so scared of COVID and infecting poor grandma, he/she probably wears a mask in their car...while alone...you know...because its bigger than being able to drive comfortably).  However, I think guys like NJDan and others know they post ridiculous stuff via tongue and cheek just to get a rise out of people.

1 hour ago, panewbie1 said:

How do you know that?

32 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Most of what was said here is complete nonsense but I'll only respond to one utter falsehood here.

Kamala and others did not at all denigrate the vaccines. They denigrated having Trump be the person to listen to in deciding when to take the vaccines.

Potato, potahto.

Biden, Harris, Cal Cunningham, & Andrew Cuomo all questioned taking the vaccines if Trump touted them.  These are probably the same people bad-mouthing big Pharma who actually developed the vaccines. Actually, these people bad-mouth big anything. Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big this, Big that. 

What you said and what Americans heard in the election cycle are 2 different things.  On top of minorities mistrust, they have only themselves to blame for the vaccination hesitancy.  To combat their miscommunication, they did the heavy-handed "vax-to-play" policy that's a hallmark of this administration.

10 minutes ago, Katie said:

How do you know that?

I'm pretty sure Dake & Garrett are over 21.  Because of that they do have the right of refusal (in the same way private businesses can refuse them service due to no vax).

The elderly and those with 1 or more co-morbidity are the segments with the highest vaccination rates.

Democrats were on record during the election cycle, not trusting Trump on the vaccines. You can look it up...I'm not. And don't use word parsing & other hallmark techniques politicians use to appear they're on both sides of every issue.

Anyone who has read on the subject knows our govt has done horrific things to our minorities in the name of "science".  I'm not going to cite things like a dissertation. You can do that on you own. Just search on things like the "Tuskegee Syphilis Study", Henrietta Lacks or "CDC study on MMR".

10 hours ago, Better Call Stall said:

What if Max Dean lost a wrestle-off to Michael Beard next year? Has a national champion ever returned and lost his starting spot the next season?

If Max Dean loses a wrestle off, they will still start Max Dean unless he’s hurt. 

2 hours ago, panewbie1 said:

Careful calling Dake healthy. He applied for an exemption with UWW due to a serious medical condition. I’m sure it was legitimate, 

37 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Oh, good. I was worried we wouldn't get to cover COVID and politics in this thread.

I hear you. But it wasn't so much Covid and politics as it was defending a couple of wrestlers who were crapped on.  It deserved a response.

13 hours ago, Better Call Stall said:

What if Max Dean lost a wrestle-off to Michael Beard next year? Has a national champion ever returned and lost his starting spot the next season?

I believe returning national champ Mark Ellis was losing to RS Fr Dom Bradley at Missouri a while back. I recall Bradley beat him in at least one tournament and there were questions who would start, but Ellis got to keep the starting slot in the end

10 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

exactly

9 hours ago, panewbie1 said:

Potato, potahto.

Biden, Harris, Cal Cunningham, & Andrew Cuomo all questioned taking the vaccines if Trump touted them.  These are probably the same people bad-mouthing big Pharma who actually developed the vaccines. Actually, these people bad-mouth big anything. Big Pharma, Big Oil, Big this, Big that. 

What you said and what Americans heard in the election cycle are 2 different things.  On top of minorities mistrust, they have only themselves to blame for the vaccination hesitancy.  To combat their miscommunication, they did the heavy-handed "vax-to-play" policy that's a hallmark of this administration.

It is hard for me to imagine how far up your own arse your head would have to be to think that: (i) this is a sensible explanation of the source of vaccine hesitancy; and (ii) this lunacy belongs in a wrestling forum.