Sign in to follow this  
TFBJR

Anything good to commend Tulsa?

Can anyone shed light on Tulsa?  Last time I was there the Bus station was the hopping spot.  That was a long time ago.    Looks to be a decent # of restaurant / pubs in walking distance.  Best hotel to the BOK?  nearest University is 100 miles away.  That cuts back on the energy level a little. 

I'm hoping KC will be good for grub.   

2025 is close for me although there is nothing in the vicinity you can walk to and crime is off the charts in Philly.  South Philly is a pit and North Philly is tragic.  Stay away from Temple University at all costs.  Better yet just plow the entire area over except for the Historical section.  Manayunk is fun but 1 hr. on public transportation.  Stay in Center city and take the metro to the end of the line.  

2026 should be a blast.  Cleveland Rocks, as they say.  

All are too cold - I suggest Vegas. 

WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP DATES AND SITES
Year City Venue Dates Host
2023 Tulsa, Okla. BOK Center March 16 - 18  Oklahoma State and Tulsa Sports Commission
2024 Kansas City, Mo. T-Mobile Center March 21 - 23  University of Missouri, Columbia and Kansas City Sports Commission
2025 Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center March 20 - 22 Pennsylvania, Drexel University, and PHL Sports
2026 Cleveland Rocket Mortgage Field House March 19 - 21 Mid-American Conference and Greater Cleveland Sports Commission

Philadelphia is a great city and the NCAA's there last time went well.  Great chance to see the Constitution Center, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell.  Good bars and restaruants in many areas - in center city the Rittenhouse Square area is hopping and safe. 

I've spent a lot of time in Philly and can give people some advice on neighborhoods and restaurants when that time comes.  In the mean time, I've actually driven through both Tulsa and Kansas City (and Cleveland for that matter).   But haven't spent any meaningful time in any of these areas.  I actually was quite fond of Columbia, Missouri (noticing they are the host) as a really cool little college town but I guess it doesn't have the people capacity they'd need for the event.  

I've been living in the Philly area since 2016 and there should be no reason that anyone attending in 2025 should feel unsafe.  Except, if you do the bar scene just remember that even the rich suburban kids in the Philly area think they're Rocky Balboa.  Easy city to get into a fist fight if youre looking for it.  Other than that it's a fun city with lots to do. 

Edited by portajohn

i was just in NYC, speaking of feeling safe, and the NCAAs were there a few years back.

i never once felt unsafe, and yet there were murders and rapes while we were there, on the news...

was in the madison square garden area

so to say that any city is going to be a bust b/c of things like this... i disagree

philly is awesome, was there a few years ago

tulsa might be a bust if there isn't easy access to food and drink 

6 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Can anyone shed light on Tulsa?  Last time I was there the Bus station was the hopping spot.  That was a long time ago.    Looks to be a decent # of restaurant / pubs in walking distance.  Best hotel to the BOK?  nearest University is 100 miles away.  That cuts back on the energy level a little. 

I'm hoping KC will be good for grub.   

2025 is close for me although there is nothing in the vicinity you can walk to and crime is off the charts in Philly.  South Philly is a pit and North Philly is tragic.  Stay away from Temple University at all costs.  Better yet just plow the entire area over except for the Historical section.  Manayunk is fun but 1 hr. on public transportation.  Stay in Center city and take the metro to the end of the line.  

2026 should be a blast.  Cleveland Rocks, as they say.  

All are too cold - I suggest Vegas. 

WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP DATES AND SITES
Year City Venue Dates Host
2023 Tulsa, Okla. BOK Center March 16 - 18  Oklahoma State and Tulsa Sports Commission
2024 Kansas City, Mo. T-Mobile Center March 21 - 23  University of Missouri, Columbia and Kansas City Sports Commission
2025 Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center March 20 - 22 Pennsylvania, Drexel University, and PHL Sports
2026 Cleveland Rocket Mortgage Field House March 19 - 21 Mid-American Conference and Greater Cleveland Sports Commission

Stillwater is barely an hour away

7 hours ago, Elevator said:

Philadelphia is a great city and the NCAA's there last time went well.  Great chance to see the Constitution Center, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell.  Good bars and restaruants in many areas - in center city the Rittenhouse Square area is hopping and safe. 

My first NCAA in person.  Went a day early to take in a lot of the sights mentioned above & more.  I think we put on 11 miles by foot.  Loved it.  Oh yeah don't forget Reading Terminal Market.  Quite the gem also :-)

So Tulsa seems like maybe a little rural atmosphere? Limited night scenes? If that’s the case, can they accommodate an event? Hotels ?I like to be within walking distance to arena.  Or less than 10 minute drive. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

So Tulsa seems like maybe a little rural atmosphere? Limited night scenes? If that’s the case, can they accommodate an event? Hotels ?I like to be within walking distance to arena.  Or less than 10 minute drive. 

There are 10 hotels in downtown that are easily walkable to the BOK. It's hard to be anywhere that's more than about 15 minutes from downtown. 

There are plenty of restaurants and bars in downtown. The last time Garth played Tulsa was 2015 and downtown has had tons of things come in since then. 

I'm not sure there is anything that will really set it apart from other locations, but it isn't going to be behind them either. And since it's further south than most, hopefully the weather will be superior.